Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brebrekaulitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Should I take the risk and get an Oral Piercing?
    Hi, my name is Brianna and I have a question concerning oral piercings and keloids. Okay so when I was an infant I got my ears pierced, no keloids ever formed;however, when I was around 9 I got three more holes done with a piercing gun and all of them formed keloids. When I was 14 I got a lip ring with a needle, again no keloids, just a hard bump that went away after I removed the ring.. Around 15 I got a tongue ring, and there was no keloid, but again a hard bump that went away after I removed it. I really want to get my tongue repierced, would you advise against it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2011, 02:44 PM

I'm not an expert on this, but I wouldn't risk it. If you got a bump the first time you got your tongue pierced, it stands to reason that it will happen again.

I would really talk to your doctor about this, find out what he/she thinks about the possibility of another bump forming.

I think it's pretty much a guess no matter what, but a doctor can at least give you an informed guess. :)
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

May 23, 2011, 08:43 AM
    I'd go to a reputable piercer and ask for their advise but depending on where you live, they wouldn't usually pierce a minor without adult consent anyway.

Depending on how big the bump was and how long you had your tongue pierced I would take a guess and say it's just hypertrophic scarring, which will go away with time if you clean your mouth properly. Use alcohol-free mouthwash after every meal, cigarette, before bed and when you wake up. It's just the body healing itself. If you want more info. On hypertrophic scarring I'd have a look on Google.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to...

Wants a cartalige piercing but also wants anouther lobe piercing. Which one? [ 2 Answers ]

Wich one do u think will look classy for me! I'm eleven. And what should I get it pierced with a needle or gun? X

I'm a homeowner with a tenant oral agreement what's my right to end the oral agreeme [ 3 Answers ]

I am a homeowner who shares 1 room to my sister for 5 months.and pay me $500.00 all bills paid. Oral agreement. However she became irrational and violent to the point of threatening to kill my family. I have the case no.of the incident. She is in the process of moving but we changed the lock. I'm...

Std risk - giving oral sex - female to male [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question and apologize if the answer is obvious and I come across as naïve, but does anyone know (or can point to a source that may enlighten me on) the difference in risk in performing oral sex on a man and moving away before he ejaculates vs. holding the ejaculation in one's mouth before...

Motion on visitation -oral or non oral argument? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in New Jersey and plan to represent myself in a motion to increase visitation to allow for a midweek overnight. I'm completing the forms to do this myself and it asks if I would want a oral argument or non-oral argument in front of the judge. I would preferably want a non-oral as I think my...

View more questions Search