Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRAIDONADALAT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Installed my new honeywell rt2300 thermostatbut it is not working.
    I installed the honeywll rth23oo today my old thermostat is also honeywell so i have only green,yello ,red and white wires which i connected to the right terminals but still it doesen't working
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 09:59 AM

This may be of some help. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...eat-58313.html Are you getting power to the stat, if so how many volts?
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 04:18 AM
    Hi
    Honeywell don't follow color code
    Have u labelled the wires before disconnecting
    If yes,then check for wires,pins and breaker
    Should be tight and secure,furnace door should be closed
    Also these stats works only if voltage is between 20-30 Vac
    Get the voltage checked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just installed Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat and it is not functioning. Help! [ 0 Answers ]

I have an all electric unit with a hot water traditional tank. The wires coming from the wall connected to the old thermostat as follows: Red to R Blue to C Yellow to YY2 Green to G White to W The Honeywell customer care rep told me not to use the blue wire. He instructed me to connect...

I installed a honeywell programmable thermostat... [ 0 Answers ]

And now my heater just stays on. I followed the wiring from the old thermostat exactly. There were four wires, but only the red wire was connected to RC and the yellow was connected to W. The black and green wire were not connected to anything. Any suggestions?

Installed new honeywell stat and outside unit will not start [ 0 Answers ]

Came home last night and the totaline stat screen was blank. The house was still cool, so it seems everything was working until the stat died. The system is a duel fuel heat pump. Installed a honeywell rth7500D. Blower works, both heating systems come on but neither the compressor nor...

Installed Honeywell Thermo- Doesn't shut off heat [ 7 Answers ]

HI... I installed the Honeywell RTH221B heat/cool thermostat. Despite setting the temperature to 65 as the main temp and 65 on all 4 time cyles of the day, the heat goes until I take it off the wall. I am thinking maybe I installed it incorrectly. I know the guy at the 800 number at...

Installed new honeywell rth 7500 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I recently installed a honeywell rth7500 thermostat and am not sure if it is correct. The old thermostat is a GE, not sure how old. I have a heatpump system (Goodman A61-20) I wired it as follows: Old R(red)- new R Old O(orange) - new O/B Old G(green) - new G Old Y(yellow) - new Y Old...

View more questions Search