Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinkPrincess Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Illegal?
    Okay. So I am 15 years old. And I have been dating this guy for two months now. Hes 18. A few people have told me that this is illegal. But others say it is not. Im just confused and would like to know if it is or not. Also do any of you know if it is possible for me to move out without concent from my 'rents?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Joe!!

No he wouldn't.

Pink Princess, I see you are from Alberta.

Here in Canada, the age of consent for sex is 14.

So it is NOT illegal for you to date or have sex.

UNLESS, he is in a position of trust or authority over you, like a teacher for example. But assuming he isn't, then you are free to date and have sex with him.

It is important to note that Prime Minister Harper wants to raise the age of consent from 14 to 16, but as of yet, he has not.
    PinkPrincess Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Helpp!
    My boyfriend and I live 7 hours away from each other and talk on the phone every night for usually 2 to 3 hours. Not to mention we text each other all day everyday. Talk on msn. Everything. Well up until 3 or 4 days ago that is. Recently its like he's lost interest in me. Doesn't text me back. Doesn't call like he says he's going to. Not answering my calls. Not returning my calls. And not talking to me as much on msn. I think he might be cheating on me. But don't know how to confront him. I need help! This is really getting on my nerves. And what makes me think even more about is when him and I started dating he was dating another girl I didn't know about. And when he started dating that other girl he was dating someone else. So I'm really worried. Please Please Please help me!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Long distance sucks. You never know what the other partner may be doing. At the same time I do not think that relationships can work out if they are long distance unless one or both partners decide to be with each other more, and move closer to one another. I think you should let this person go. 7 hours drive. Long way away. Before I got married with my wife we were one hour apart but that was not too bad. It did get frustrating because you want to spend more time with each other. I think with the long distance you always have that doubt in the back of your mind.

I think you should let this person go and just cool off on dating and maybe in the future you will meet somebody that is closer to you.

The best of luck no matter what you decide to do. Just follow your gut instinct, follow your heart and it will lead you in the right decision.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal aliens [ 62 Answers ]

With over 10 million illegal aliens in the U.S who is to blame and how would you solve this problem?:cool:

Isn't it illegal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Have a look at this link, apparently every one who has a name and family name of a person can check the records. Is it possible, I think they are just spams, what do you think? http://www.peoplebackgroundchecks.org/index2.htm N

Illegal adoption? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I adopted our (now 13 year old) niece almost a year ago. She had been living with us in our custody since she was 11. Her bio mom is calling and stirring up trouble. She told my daughter that she "has a cat in the bag" that will prove the adoption is illegal. I know what the bio...

Unethical or Illegal? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search