Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Feb 3, 2011, 08:08 PM
    Warranty void
    I bought new Elantra 2010 alongwith bumper to bumper extended warranty for 160,000 km. This warranty is bumper to bumper. When I take my car for oil change, the dealers tell me things which are due on the car. Today they told me about alignement checking and brake servicing which would cost CAN $150 and CAN $100 respectively. This money plus oil change charges are too much for me. So I only got oil change done.

Would declining other services void warranty on the car?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 08:29 PM

I was also told that the timing belt needs to be changed on Hyundais every 30,000 miles, to maintain the warranty. This is a maintenance item that the customer has to pay. Apparently, this is how they help recoup the cost of their warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert Special Warranty deeds to General Warranty deeds [ 1 Answers ]

Can you convert a special warranty deed, deed of bargain & sale and quit claim deed to a general warranty deed?

Warranty expense & warranty liability [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the following question. Any pointers is greatly appreciated. Warranty expense. Woodmier Lawn Products introduced a new line of Commercial sprinklers in 2002 that carry a one-year warranty against Manufacturer’s defects. Because this was the first product for which the...

Recording Warranty Premiums in a Warranty Adm. Company [ 2 Answers ]

How do I record warranty premiums in an Warranty Administration Company? I think that it should be recorded as a liability to the warranty insurance captive company. Also that any cash receipts for the warranty administration should be recorded as income. Is this correct?

What is the estimated warranty expense and warranty cost? [ 1 Answers ]

A company sells computers with a 6-month warranty. In January, the company sold 100,000 computers at $1,750 each, and 1,500 computers were turned in for repairs during the same month. The total repairs amounted to $185,000 costs from the computer parts inventory. It is estimated that 2% of all...

Warranty expense/ warranty liability [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused with the following problem and do not know where to even start. C Company began operating near the beginning of 2004. During 2004, C Co. sold plasma televisions for $2,000 each, all carrying a two-year warranty against defects. C company's cost for each plasma television was...

View more questions Search