Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dommysmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 02:07 AM
    Is an eviction grounds for custody change?
    Ex received eviction notice yesterday, and since my last attempt of modification was denied with the judge stating that 27 days absent from school is not substantial enough and that my 6 yr old son having 1,000.00 dentist bill is my ex meeting the child's needs.

Will his eviction be grounds for emergency custody? I am paid up on support and in fact dad is in contempt right now owing me money for travel expenses.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2011, 04:27 AM

An eviction order MIGHT be grounds if he doesn't have some place to go to. If he does, then I doubt it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal grounds to change custody agreement [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently in middle of divorce. My soon to be ex is now living with his girlfriend(they tell everyone fiancee) who is pregnant with his child(assumedly) and her 2 monor children. My 15 year old son and 12 yearold daughter live there as well. I have shared custody of both my daughter lives with...

On What grounds can a father obtain sole custody? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new here, I am hoping for a little support for a stressfull situation my family and I are in. A little history... I have a 21 y/o sister who is a single mother of a 20 month old boy. She is getting child support for the child, however the father has not had any contact with the baby. My...

What are grounds for eviction in TX? [ 30 Answers ]

To make a long story short, I live in an apartment complex that is privately owned, yet uses a TAA lease. I have an apartment that comes with a small yard, and a couple months into my lease the grass had been worn down due to dogs playing on it. During the winter and wet spring season I wanted to...

Change custody? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-wife called mid week and said she was going to be evicted and needed me to take the children ages 4 and 3 for a while instead of having them live in a safe house with her. This is her 3rd eviction within a year, and the fourth place she has moved to. She has had 3 jobs within the year and has...

View more questions Search