Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Nov 12, 2010, 03:52 AM
    Ways to get to know her more? Is she showing hints?
    Hello AMHD
    ~
    About 2 months ago, my family scheduled me to leave US to China. And I was enrolled into an university.

Recently these two weeks, I have my eyes on a girl in class and we hit off pretty well to where we swapped numbers. During class, we wrote notes each other in class. But in this past chem class, I guess the teacher said there's a "exam" on Tuesday and when we were passing notes, she said we should pay more attention in class and I stopped passing notes.

Previously, every single time we were passing notes, she smiled at what I wrote and she replied~ It's the same with text and funny thing is I got her when we met second time.The issue is I have difficulties in understanding mandarin (especially reading). Now, I did mention to her I'm a "outsider" and my mandarin is decent.

My question is what can I do to continue to pursue this girl? Literally, I have no idea to ask if she is single or seeing someone. Or if she is interested in dating or staying single.

I did ask her to be a study-buddy and she said she's fine with it.

Add-ons:
    1. I speak fluent mandarin just with foreigners accent
    2. We have chem & cellular biology together.
    3. I sit right next to her during class and she doesn't mind
    4. We text back & forth
    5. She knows I am a foreigner (born in Taiwan, raised in US) and my mandarin level is decent-to-pass

Nov 12, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Adding on, there is a time difference so I will respond a bit late.

Thank you
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
    First, you are distracting her from class, she is noticing, and you need to give her space to do her work before she starts feelings as if you are smothering her, which will be the end of this relationship, since it is at an early stage. If you want to know if she is single and if she wants to go out with you, I am sorry to inform you that the ONLY way to accomplish that is by asking, preferably in person. You will get a yes, or a no, if it is a no then continue living your life and find someone that actually wants to be with you and vice versa, if it is a yes, then enjoy the future experiences that you and her will have.

Good Luck,

Javi

Nov 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Hello Javi
    Thank you for your response :)~ I do agree I am distracting her during class :|. I will see other ways to communicate. As far as being straight forward, it's real risky and I'm giving it another week just to let my presence sink in.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Risky is the way life is... TAKE IT! You have nothing to lose, only something to gain :)

Nov 12, 2010, 09:21 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Hahaha! That is true.. Life is all about taking risks :P. The ironic part is I had a friend-with-benefit & ever since I met this girl, my fwb & I haven't had sex. So I decided to cut ties with my fwb & deciding to move forward for this girl...
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Nicely done... good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 12:49 AM

Hahaha! That is true.. Life is all about taking risks :P. The ironic part is I had a friend-with-benefit & ever since I met this girl, my fwb & I haven't had sex. So I decided to cut ties with my fwb & deciding to move forward for this girl...
    HJPAN, this wouldn't happen to be the 13 year old that you went to prison over would it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 12:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan View Post
    My question is what can I do to continue to pursue this girl?
    The first thing you need to do is make sure she is over 18. And the second thing is that you need to let her know about your criminal background. Once she knows your background she may not want to associate with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anyone knew how to write "her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace in sanskrit?

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

Any Helpful Hints [ 1 Answers ]

Hi' I have a question, I've been doing my own hair colorings and friends hair for a while now... but my sis in law wants me to retouch her highlights that were done by a previous hair stylist. Should I redoo the whole thing (base color & highlights)? Ans the reason I don't want to just retouch it...

Helpful hints [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 16 in July. How old do you have to be in order to choose what person to live with ? Is there a law or something to help me ? I don't live with either parents I live with a gardian. Im not in foster care or any thing. PLEASE HELP ME:confused: :mad:

View more questions Search