Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smylerlo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Help me with my toshiba satellite laptop cd rom drive
    Hi!

I'm having problems with me cd rom drive. I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The cd drive plays data discs, but when I use it to play audio cd's, it plays them in slow motion. I've tried using different programs for running my audio cd's but the result is still the same- music played in slow-mo. The cd drive works well for data discs though. Device manager says that my cd drive is working properly, but its not. I've also tried playing other audio cd's but
    No change in the output.. don't know what to do. Help

Thanks!
    sashus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smylerlo
    hi!

im having problems with me cd rom drive. i have a toshiba satellite laptop. the cd drive plays data discs, but when i use it to play audio cd's, it plays them in slow motion. ive tried using different programs for running my audio cd's but the result is still the same- music played in slow-mo. the cd drive works well for data discs tho. device manager says that my cd drive is working properly, but its not. ive also tried playing other audio cd's but
    no change in the output.. dunno what to do. help

Thanks!
    I have the same problem, I called Toshiba tech support and they told me to bring it into a repair shop.

I've found a way to overcome this issue by inserting a data disk and opening a file on the disk, closing the file and inserting the audio CD and it usually works.

Not the best fix. My laptop is 2months old and hardly used. m115-s3154
    withloveyourfoe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Could you possibly try to copy the audio files to your hard drives first? As if they play fine there, it would cancel out any errors with your codecs/media player, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba Laptop Backlight get dark [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite 1115 - S103 Backlight get dark even I've already tried to adjust the brightness to max. light but it is still dark. I connected an external monitor to my Laptop then it displays normal (very bright). I've heard from friends that the inverter (what's this?) is...

Cd-rom drive is busy [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings! I try to install from a cd and get the following message "cd-rom drive is busy, close all other programs and try again (sometimes it helps to eject the disk and reinsert it)" The cd is working properly on other pcs.Any help is welcome!

Toshiba Satellite Pro Sound Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. The sound works fine through earphones or external speakers but here is no sound coming from the built in Titanium speakers. I've heard somewhere that this may due to a joint breaking on the headset jack socket, can anyone shed any...

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

View more questions Search