Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bb4 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Relationship advice/guidance
    Hi everyone!
    Well, I’m in a weird situation, and need a bit of guidance.
    I’ve been dating this girl for the last few years… everything was good, then recently this year we started getting into arguments, things got a bit different, we found ourselves on and off in the relationship. What was happening was my girlfriend decided that sometimes it was easier to suggest a ‘break up’ rather than staying together and working things out. Well, each time I sort of talked her out of it, until one time when I just got sick of it and called her bluff. After that, she talked me back into staying together, but some things changed for me and I just didn’t feel the same way about her anymore. I didn’t really know if it was better to break up or stay together. So for the last few months I’ve been the same….. in a way ‘neutral’….. not knowing what I want.
    To make things a bit more complicated, I started talking to a girl from work, and in a way realized that I like her. But still being in a relationship avoided anything to that could make things more complicated in my situation. Sometime ago, that girl went away, and I felt like I have gotten over whatever feelings (a crush, or liking her) that I had, until she came back, and I found myself in the same situation all over again.
    I just need a little but of guidance…… just point me to the right direction.

Thanks!
    kerrybwn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 05:10 PM
    If you're looking at other women Your current girlfriend isn't the one. When you find the one you'll have eyes only for her. If you don't feel jealous if you think of her with someone else it's defintley not working.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Not really sure, but for some reason, guy's seems surprised when they meet someone new and fall in love. They feel guilty as if they have done something wrong.

But throughout history, many great men has proven that the male is capable of dating hundreds of women - all at one time. Look a Solomon, 700 wives and 300 maids.

This is why it is so important for you, when you are dating someone, to stick with one girl. Don't go messing around with other girls that way, because no matter how strong of a relationship is, you are going to fall for another girl.

Many relationships are based on much of the situations that we are in at the current time. For example, it is only when we are cold that we want heat; when it is hot, we want cold.

Normal human response? Well, no. This just proves how we don't like either one of them.

To be in a relationship and have things change, you have realized how you have felt about your girlfriend in the first place - you've been with her three years and haven't proposed to her, you called her bluff, then you started seeing someone else. As there is a saying, "You fool me once, shame on me. You fool me twice, shame on you. But, you fool me three times, shame on us all."

I suggest you not waist your time trying to justify you actions with your girlfriend. Just respect the way that you feel about her and don't feel no more or no less.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. Dr. MP, 2006. Relationship coaching and love advice
    froggyogy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Well I suggest that you stay with the first girl or she might get her heart crushed or get really anoyed at you and never talk back to you.But if love leads you to the other girl you met later then I'd suggest youfollow your hear.
    Sincierly,
    Froggyogy
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
    If you really love her then stick with her but if you don't love her let her go, when you find the right person you will know it but from the story you said it seems deep down you both really love each other because you both talked each other into staying together, so I would stay stick with her and don't waste it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Its really hard to make decisions when you are confused about what you want. That's where I would start, figure out what it is YOU want and plan on how to get it. This may take some HONEST soul searching so take your time, and do it right for yourself, and no one else.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bb4
    I just need a little but of guidance…… just point me to the right direction.
    Well, it's hard to know what direction is the right one if you're sitting on the fence, all unsure and ambivalent. I think you may be staying with your long-time girlfriend partly out of inertia, partly out of guilt, and partly out of fear of being alone. None of those are very good reasons, so if I'm anywhere close to right, break it off with her and take a vacation from intimate involvements for awhile. Don't jump into a new relationship right away or it will probably be a repeat of what you just did--same script, different cast. A little solitary time and honest soul-searching should help to clarify what's really important to you.
    richsaha2007 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Dec 30, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Well, if you are beginning to fall for another girl, you must let your current girlfriend go. It is unfair to maintain a relationship while your sights are on someone else. This is not fair for your girlfriend because she decides to be with you and you are interested in another girl. To relieve yourself of this situation, breaking up with girl is the best thing to do because you are detaching all strings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need some guidance [ 14 Answers ]

I've been divorced since 1994, both of us have remarried, I however have a 4 year old child. I have physical custody of my 14 year old. Both my ex and I get along great always have -- I've been liberal with visitation and rarely asked for additional support financially. I've lost my job and have...

I need some guidance and advice please [ 2 Answers ]

Long story short my father passed away in 1999. He unfortunately left my mom in a lot of financial distress. The couple of years before he died my brother in law had wracked up a bunch of small loans and my mom had cosigned on them. When he failed to pay they went after her. A few months...

Need relationship advice [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend broke up about a month ago. We were very much in love with each other. She went to College and we were still togeather. That's how much we meant to each other. She goes to college three hours away from me and I usually would go see her every other weekend and she would come see...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search