Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pelle Posts: 96, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2006, 02:40 PM
    Garage heater vent
    I am installing a 45000 BTU space heater in my garage. This has a power exhaust. I am going horizontal with this about 3' to wall through wall then 1' past with cover outside. Do I have to use b-vent or can I use signal wall and a thimble through the drywall board and vinyl siding. I will have 1 45 elbow in this exhaust vent.

Also being a powervent do I need to install any type of drip leg for all the condensation or will it not be bad considering the short run.
    Thanks in advance for any input.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 01:10 PM
    What does one 3' length of ''B'' cost? If nobody that knows code answers, it might keep life simpler to run the ''B''. The exhaust is hardly going to have a chance to cool in ''B'' for condensate to be a problem.
    pelle Posts: 96, Reputation: 0

Dec 31, 2006, 01:13 PM
    I kind of thought the same.
    Next Question is 'b' vent rated for through wall or is a thimble still needed?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 09:42 PM
    I read on the one exposed length of ''B'' in my garage 1'' minimum to combustibles, so it sounds like you need the thimble too. If you don't have the right sized hole saw, the flanges on the thimble will hide the evidence. If anybody claims code says different, take their word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

Water Heater Vent Fan runs constantly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 75 Gallon Natural Gas State Select Water Heater. Model # PR675NRVTZ. It has a fan on top that vents the gas to the outside. Normally, this fan only runs when the water is being heated. Now, the fan runs constantly eben when the water is not being heated. I do not have the wiring diagram,...

View more questions Search