Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unchatquitue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 06:11 PM
    Juice Fasting Question
    Hello to all those reading.
    I want to go on a juice fast lasting about three days or so. My question is, I don't want to lose weight during the fasting. I am male, 5'6, 118. I am rather skinny and I don't want to lose weight. Any plans or tips for fasting without losing weight? Thank you!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 07:15 PM

Is there a particular reason you want to go on a juice fast for three days? What sort of juice? Are you thinking there will be a health benefit to it?

Would be difficult not to lose weight if all you were taking in was juice.
    unchatquitue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 07:31 PM

The reason for it it's mainly detoxification. W want to take all kinds of vegetable and fruit juices.
    Cheshire9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 04:12 PM
    A juice fast for three days is unlikely to make you lose much weight, and the weight you do lose will probably be water weight which will come back once you stop. Be sure to drink plenty of juices that are veggie/fruit mixes, as many vitamins and minerals work synergistically and are best when taken together. Protein supplements in your juices may also help you maintain your weight while fasting.
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Sep 21, 2010, 09:52 PM

Try to use more veggie than fruit juices to keep blood sugars balanced and use some green powders like barley grass, wheat grass or spirulina. As mentioned by Cheshire9, you shouldn't lose much weight in 3days if you are consuming enough juices and adding green powders. If you have a really fast metabolism then spirulina is good on a fast as it is high in protein and contains lots of beneficial nutrients as well as being a powerful detoxifier. Good luck:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

40 Day juice fasting! [ 18 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, I am embarking on a 40 day juice fast for two reasons; to cure obsessive eating and weight loss. Research I have done indicates that following a juice fast can not only cause weight loss, but actually cure diseases and addictions! The problem is that I keep running into mental...

Car not injecting juice nofeed on rails but cranksn railgot juice ecu [ 1 Answers ]

Non start no feed on injctrail but juice is there

Juice Fasting/ Quitting Smoking/Female Cycles [ 1 Answers ]

I have been researching "juice fasting" and I am excited to begin. The question I have is related to timing. I am also wanting to quit smoking. No point of "detoxifying" if you still smoke. I am wondering if I should begin the fast, get my body "into" the fast and then stop smoking. From what I...

Juice fasting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question regards juice fasting. I did a 3 day juice fast three months ago, the purpose being to rest and cleanse the intestines, as I have done many times in the past. But this time I lost 15 lbs from an already slender frame(usually 145), and the weight hasn't come back. I look...

View more questions Search