Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christopher51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 07:16 PM
    When do I stop paying child support
    Do I have to continue to pay child support on my daughter which is 18 and recently graduated high school,she is going to ivy tech this fall part time and is not living at home anymore??
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 09:26 AM

I do not know. Have a look at your child support order.There may have some clauses about it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 05:04 PM

What state are you in? In most states the order has been satisfied. Not all states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to stop paying child support if my kids don't want to see me? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Houston TX, & I haven't seen my 2 daughters in a year their last words to me & my wife were "we dont want to be part of this family".They don't like the fact that when they come over on their bi weekend visits they have rules and restrictions to follow (language, chores,appropriate...

DFS took child away from custodial parent, why am I still paying child support? [ 4 Answers ]

My Ex-wife got arrested along with her boyfriend and my daughter for drugs. DFS removed my 15 yo daughter and placed her in my care, she can't see her mother without supervision. The Ex has a felony charge of child endangerment against her, why am I still paying child support?

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

Paying Child Support to mom who abandoned child [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to be brief... My 17 year old daughter chose to live with her mom 100% of the time a year and a half ago. My ex drug me through the court system fighting for an increase in my child suport even though I was still paying her (through automatic deduction from my pay check) for my daughter...

My ex husband wants to stop paying child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I live in New York state. My husband and I split 12 years ago when my daughter was 6. They recently had a break down in their relationship (she's upset because he's moving to North Carolina with his girlfriend), and he's decided to take me to court to...

View more questions Search