Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 08:20 AM
    How do I disinfect feathers?
    I collect found white feathers, from seagulls. I am hesitant to use them for my creative projects as I worry that they may contain microscopic parasites, insects etc... I would like to know how to disinfect them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 23, 2010, 06:18 PM

I'm guessing here, but I would try some alcohol on them. Maybe put it in an old spray bottle and spray them, then let them dry. Try not touching them, let them dry naturally so they stay the same shape.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 09:31 AM

I agree with unluckynut - alcohol should be fine as it evaporates quickly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safely Disinfect exe File [ 16 Answers ]

I have an exe file for a program that I ran through several online services to see if clean. They all came up with several trojans in the file. (VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan, etc.) By using the online file scanning, I never had to open the exe file. I was wondering if...

Why my chicken is losing its feathers [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering about one of my bantam chickens.She has lost all her underbelly feathers and then some on top of her wing and thenin a circle around her neck like a necklace.The actual quills are still in her in some parts of her body but underneath she is bald and has what looks like one little...

Iridescent feathers [ 1 Answers ]

Is the phenomenon of the rainbow related in any way to the iridescent colors of some birds' feathers?

View more questions Search