Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    APlusM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 09:08 PM
    In love with my best friend
    Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we admitted we have feelings for each other but did not end up getting together.She was with her boyfriend for(5months) when I met her and they had a few breaks up until now.A few days before their year together she decided to end it with her boyfriend because he wasn't respecting her.He kissed and told, and talked to other girls while he was with her. She tells me she loves me and I love her in return.However,she may love me but she is scared to be in a relationship with me.She's afraid that I might lose interest in her while we are together and I believe she is also a little worried I would cheat.I never used to take relationships seriously and I have cheated on my last few girlfriends, but it is because I didn't love them or didn't really have strong feelings for them.So now that I really met my match and I'm positive she is my first true love,I'm a bit concerned because she does love me BUT I am not her first love.She still loves her ExBoyfriend but is gradually getting over him and fully loving me in return.the thing is if she really did love me as much as I love her then I would expect we'd be together by now?
    How much time does she really need to get over her ex?It has been about 1 Month since she broke up with him, Considering the fact that she knows I'm really here for her and we have known each other long enough to trust and love one another, I get this feeling that she's afraid of getting hurt or perhaps afraid that our friendship is at risk.. Can anybody help me figure out whether My best friend and I should take a chance and be together as a couple? I'd Really Appreciate it :):) :) :)
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Dec 21, 2006, 12:26 AM
    "Adrian" - girlfriends come and go, best friends last forever. If you take the chance of changing your relationship, and it doesn't work out, there's a pretty good chance you'll lose the friendship too. Is it worth it?
    Makiavelic76 Posts: 96, Reputation: 14

Dec 21, 2006, 01:03 AM
    I might ask you to think about how this feeling from you started. Does it feel right, that you were around her while she was with his now ex? No matter, you did or not make a move on her, no matter the now ex boyfriend was a gentleman or a cheater, it is something you have consider. Would you like your girlfriend best friend around your girlfriend, expecting the unexpected?

Hmm, the other thing about Michele, well she's in all the process of griving about her failed relationship for now. And all of her insecurities about boys are still boiling up, she just has passed a cheating phase which she may hopefully move on with the best positive actitude. When she might be ready? Well that's a thing she could only tell when she feels healed.

Taking the risk of been her blue prince now, is an invitation to be hurt, either you or she or both, and that nice FRIENDSHIP would go away for good. So, if you care about her, let her pass this rough time by been just her friend, listen her, support her, and give her some advice so she won't go in the wrong path of hate and emotional trauma.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 06:35 AM
    If a relationship doesn't work, I doubt if you can go back to a friendship again.
    mewaqua Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by APlusM
    Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his bestfriend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known eachother since May 06 and have been attracted to eachother since.We started out as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing eachother, we admitted we have feelings for eachother but did not end up getting together.She was with her boyfriend for(5months) when i met her and they had a few breaks up until now.A few days b4 their year together she decided to end it with her boyfriend because he wasnt respecting her.He kissed and told, and talked to other girls while he was with her. She tells me she loves me and i love her in return.However,she may love me but she is scared to be in a realtionship with me.She's afraid that i might lose interest in her while we are together and i believe she is also a little worried i would cheat.I never used to take relationships seriously and i have cheated on my last few girlfriends, but it is because i didnt love them or didnt really have strong feelings for them.So now that i really met my match and im positive she is my first true love,im a bit concerned because she does love me BUT i am not her first love.She still loves her ExBoyfriend but is gradually getting over him and fully loving me in return.the thing is if she really did love me as much as i love her then i would expect we'd be together by now?
    How much time does she really need to get over her ex?It has been about 1 Month since she broke up with him, Considering the fact that she knows im really here for her and we have known eachother long enough to trust and love one another, i get this feeling that shes afraid of getting hurt or perhaps afraid that our friendship is at risk..Can anybody help me figure out whether My bestfriend and I should take a chance and be together as a couple? I'd Really Appreciate it :):) :) :)
    If your friend really lies you she will forget her ex easily and love you and if you really like you friend you will not cheat on her. If you really want your friend to trust you just be honest
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 07:34 PM
    I'm not sure the two of you are really ready to get into a relationship. You admit that you've cheated in the past and she seems to still have issues regarding her ex. I'm sorry, but this doesn't sound like a very healthy situation. You're both still young, only 15, so I'd wait several more years at least before thinking about getting into anything serious with anyone.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 10:19 PM
    Give her another month then see where you stand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any Help Would Be Appreciated [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently completed a two year project for resistant materials. I have made a crystal ball box. It is dark blue with plastic stars on the outside, it has a yellow stand on the inside and stands about 4 inches. If you have a crystal ball would you possibly purchase this. Could you leave some...

In love with my best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still...

I'm In Love With my best friend and Need Advice! [ 2 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

Opinions appreciated [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for two years. The problem is is that I'm not sure if my feelings for him are waning due to what's recently happened in our lives or that I really don't want to be with him for certain things. In less than 12 months, I've changed colleges, lost my job, and...

Any insights REALLY appreciated [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody I'm feeling pretty stuck here. I'm looking for work and having a few complications that I'd really appreciate some insight on: 1. Where? I'm in France and I'm a new TEFL teacher (english as a 2nd or foreign language). Finding a job here is like finding a needle in a haystack and...

View more questions Search