Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicky Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2003, 10:25 AM
    Long Distance Marriage
    First off reading your message reminds me a lot of my own culture/tradition. You must be muslim. It doesn't matter. However, I will tell you that you have to be strong and living your life for your daughter the way your going is no life. You sound beautiful and smart and trying to do right by your family's ways isn't going to make you ever happy. You don't have to tell them about your boyfriend, in-fact I wouldn't even mention that. Whether you have this guy in your life or not you need to let go of that so called husband of yours. I hate to tell you this but he's living a double life. Don't think for once honey he's loyal to YOU. Your only 24 smart, beautiful and YOUNG and a man who thinks his woman is going to be by his side while he's never present, raising a young child by yourself AND DOING IT ALL BY YOURSELF!

Don't be the fool who has waisted her precious years to ignorance. Remember even though your parents love you they have a third world mentality that woman have fought and still fight to break. We want what's fair to us! Don't live your life by what people will think and say! You do that and 20 years later you'll be more alone than you'd ever imagined. Your daughter is going to have moved on and your so called husband (after his life of journey and thrills) will come back to you after all is done and expect you to continue to take on his crap without ever having been there FOR YOU. Saying he loves is the easiest thing done my young lady, it's showing that. Be very strong and firm on what you need to do. First off get yourself a job if you don't already have one. You need to detach yourself from depending on your family because they'll control you until your dying day. Take it from me I've been there and this is a girl who grew up in the same strict old school up bringing. You need to get this divorce as soon as possible and don't show fear. You show them that and your feel powerless and they'll know they can threaten you. All the worst may seem but the best will be yet to come. Nothing is easy but the reward is wonderful. There is nothing in the world than having your own independence, respect and love that you should have and deserve. Screw the husband honey, like he's been screwing you. And as far as your mother goes, I'm almost positive she's been a doormat all her life. Don't repeat her life by yours!

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm 24 years old with a 22 month daughter. I've been married for the past 5 years, but haven't lived with my husband for long. He keeps me away from him on one pretext or another. So, we are always apart. Now that I have a daughter I want my husband to be there for her while she's...

Long distance marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings to all. I need some help. I married 9 months ago of which I lived with my husband three months straight. We had dated for six years in the same state before I decided to move because of his noncommital state. After I moved he decided we should get married. Once he moved to the state I...

Future of long distance marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm 24 years old with a 22 month daughter. I've been married for the past 5 years, but haven't lived with my husband for long. He keeps me away from him on one pretext or another. So, we are always apart. Now that I have a daughter I want my husband to be there for her while she's...

Long distance marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not very familiar with the Muslim traditions so I will try my best to help with the knowledge you have given me. Try talking to him about this, or a friend or family member who knows you, and him and who can offer better advice on the situation. If you want to get a divorce then reasons...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search