Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerbellbabes Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Calling an ex lover after breaking up
    If you call a guy you used to have intimate casual relationship with but doesn't love you and broke up with you because you fell in love with him... and now I'm really missing him (he stopped calling me) and I just want to get laid again... how will he feel if I asked him to come to my place and just have sex without anything else. He told me after we broke up that I should not around to learn from my mistakes and that if I do I should just call him to me... im really missing him and the sex... im itching to call... what will he think of me? Is it a good idea or will he think less of me even more?
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 17, 2010, 12:05 PM

You can only ask, and he can only say yes or no, however could you cope if he says no thanks?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by positiveparent View Post
    You can only ask, and he can only say yes or no, however could you cope if he says no thanks?
    I'm also concerned whether she can cope if he says yes.

Tinkerbellbabes, you said you were falling in love with him and he didn't feel the same way. How will you keep the feeling casual without falling for him again? I think you are risking that hurt again, and I can't help but wonder if you have fantasized it will be different this time and he'll return your feeling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 01:07 PM

He might scratch your itch, and just see you as a pitiful piece of sex meat.

I think it's a lousy idea. A really lousy idea. You sound like a booty call, or friends with benefits.

Those are lousy ideas, too!!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 01:08 PM

You are making yourself look as though you are cheap and needy.
    Don't do it. You need to stay away from this guy.

He doesn't want you and you still want to have sex with him? You need counseling and you need some self confidence.

I have a feeling if you had some self esteem , you could do a lot better than this loser.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Jul 17, 2010, 02:45 PM

Get some self-respect, girl. He doesn't want you and you're willing to throw yourself at him - that's just pathetic. Sorry for the tough love, but you need to come to your senses and value yourself more. No man will ever love you and respect you if self-love and self-respect is not there to begin with.
    Don't mean to sound harsh, but you're worth more than being booty call. Good luck.
    Oddboots Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Jul 17, 2010, 09:40 PM
    You don't want to get laid. You want to try and make him like you gain by offering yourself. It won't work and he will think less of you.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 09:42 PM

You need some self esteem and having casual sex isn't going to help you find it.

Jul 18, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Thanks everyone for your comments. It helped me so much to practice the no contact rule. I almost did it last night. I was calling friends and can't contact them. I even looked for chat rooms to look for someone to talk to. I was about to dial already when I remembered this site... it was a long time ago that I logged in. I even had to reset my password. Then I posted this question and read some related posts. It really helped me to stop calling. So thanks for all your reply... I think I need constant reminder... I always read your replies every time I think of calling him.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 01:27 PM

Good for you. Keep it up
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jul 18, 2010, 01:55 PM

Vent to us, and don't call him. You will only be a booty call too him. He isn't worth it!
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 01:58 PM

We're here... Leave him alone.
    Teardrop15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 18, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellbabes View Post
    if you call a guy u used to have intimate casual relationship with but doesnt love u and broke up with you because u fell in love with him...and now im really missing him (he stopped calling me) and i just want to get laid again...how will he feel if i asked him to come to my place and just have sex without anything else. He told me after we broke up that i should not around to learn from my mistakes and that if i do i should just call him to me....im really missing him and the sex...im itching to call...what will he think of me? is it a good idea or will he think less of me even more?
    Well First Off It Is Not A Good Idea To Call Him Even If It Is For Sex Only; Because Sex Comes With Emotions; & If You Trying To Get Over Him The Best Thing Would Be For You Not To Call Him; Maybe You Should Erase His Number & Go Out With Friends & Try To Meet New People; If You Decide To Call Him All He Is Going To Think Of You That He Can Come Over Any Time He Wants Cause Your Easy To Get; So To Him You're a Slut; Think Before You Pick Up That Phone; Hopee This Helped(;
    carolod2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Well done on not calling! It might make you feel better in the short term but if he didn't care about you last time it's not likely to change now if you call him, it can only make you feel worse about yourself and you deserve better than that!

Jul 24, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Sorry guys, I broke the no contact rule... I called him and yes now I know he was a total . He was so cold and distant and rude. I think I needed to do this to wake myself up... it is just too difficult to forget the memories... its hard to connect the guy who courted me and showed me all the attention before he had sex with me... things changed when he got all what he wanted... I don't regret breaking up with him... im glad I did... I just wish I could erase all the memories... its heard to be living at home alone where we used to sleep together every night... what shall I do to block off my memories of him?
    leslye09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 03:41 PM

When you think about him you think about sex? I don't think its love hun!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddboots View Post
    You don't want to get laid. You want to try and make him like you gain by offering yourself. It won't work and he will think less of you.
    You are fooling yourself if you think you're calling him just to get laid.
    He is not going to think any better of you.
    "To thine ownself be true" William Shakespeare
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 05:31 PM

Get your act together and stop being "easy". Guys may act like they like an easy woman and they
    Will for an hour or so.

You need some self esteem and you also need to stop making sex a casual thing.

Jul 31, 2010, 01:09 AM
    How to forget an ex
    I have just broken up with a guy I fell in love with but who doesn't really love me but love another woman. It was a no string attached set up but because we were practically together everyday day and we do things together, I can help but fall for him despite his warning not to. We were both happy but it was difficult for me to know that I'm not the one he loves.. (he is going to marry this december) so I broke up. But things were so difficult after the break up... he totally cut me off... living alone on another country without much friends around and staying in an apartment where we used to sleep together is so hard... with him, life was easy... I don't know how to drive and he drives me around... in this place, public transport is so hard and there is no life if you don't have a car... I also lost my social life as he wants me to cut off from his circle of friends too whom I started to enjoy with... but because he was sort of the boss nobody every dared to befriend me. Now I'm left alone in this awful place... most of the people here are either married, with kids, not interested to go out, have their own life... now I'm itching to call the guy and he made it clear this time he doesn't want me... how can I move on? How can I forget him? I've tried to get involved with sports, have social life, meet new friends but still he is always on my mind and having these difficulties living here makes me regretted breaking up with him to the point that I blame myself and get angry with myself... now it is affecting my work and the way I deal with people... I have no one to talk to here... I just want to forget and move on... but I'm stuck here until my contract ends... what shall I do? I would love to try anything may it be feng shui, or whatever potion whatever practical stuff whatever,. just want to block him off my mind, forget and move on... I think I'm still hoping he would come back... and it sucks... its been one month now I don't want to be like this for another month... help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

Its rough but you have to stick to NC no matter what and read the stickies at the beginning of this forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to know that who will be my lover? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know that who will be my lover and will I marry him or someone else?I want to know about my love life and marriage life.my name is aakanksha.

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Who is the more experienced lover? [ 7 Answers ]

Do you think that you gain more sexual experience from having 1 or more long term relationships or do you think more experience is to be gained from many one night stands?

My lover wants space? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody. My girlfriend and I have been going out for 8 months now and found ourselves falling in love with each other just 3 months into the relationship. We are both in our 2nd year of uni at oppostie sides of the country and both have very demanding courses. When we're both at home during...

View more questions Search