Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Is it normal to have menstrual for almost 6 weeks?
    I have my menstruation March 26 until March 30... Then I was waiting for next to come but did not came my menstruation and was delayed for 2 months April-May... Finally it came May 29 and did not stop my menstruation until now and it's almost 6 weeks. I had unprotected sex during my menstruation... is it okay to have sex if you have your period... I am worried about my condition. Is it possible that I'm pregnant?. I don't know if it's normal or what or what it may cause... Please help... Thanks...
    AskTheKitty Posts: 24, Reputation: 10

Jul 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Hello. Your condition sounds just like what I experienced.
    I'd missed my period for 3 months straight and then when I
    Finally got it, it lasted nearly a month. It stopped for about
    3 days and then went nonstop for the next six months.
    I avoided the doctor out of fear, but I wouldn't recommend anyone
    Else doing as I did. The sooner you find out what's going on, the
    Better off you'll be and the sooner you can be treated properly and
    Hopefully return to normal. The longer you wait, the longer you'll
    Be stressing about this needlessly.

Not sure if you're pregnant or not, but I'd make an appointment
    With your doctor or go to Planned Parenthood to get checked out.
    I waited and stressed out for 6 whole months before I finally went to Planned Parenthood, who referred me to a clinic to get a biopsy to obtain a proper diagnosis.
    My condition was/is due to a hormone imbalance caused by a condition called PCOS:
    Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I was put on birth control pills and the bleeding stopped the very next day. Your hormones might just be out of whack. It's in your best interest to get checked out
    Asap, and I really hope you will. This may not be something that just goes away on its own, like I tried convincing myself for so long. Had I known that I could have
    Found relief in less than 2 days, believe me I would have gone in sooner.

I hope you'll be OK, please get yourself checked out so you can start enjoying
    Life again! :)
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 15, 2010, 05:02 PM

I think the previous poster expressed some very good points.

So a visit to your Doctor is definitely needed.

As for having sex whilst menstruating, if its unprotected you run the risk of getting pregnant, and you wouldn't know when you conceived the child, so again visit your doctor, you could just need what's known as a scrape or a D & C, which is basically, a very quick operation that cleans all the junk out of your womb and once done should regulate your periods, however after having this op, if that's what is needed you can fall pregnant very very quickly.

Please go to your doctor asap, and he will know what to do. We here can advise on past experiences but everyone is different.

Again your doctor will be able to tell you if you're pregnant..

Also a very prolonged period could leave you anemic...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown 'blood' during my menstrual cycle; is this normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm curious about why I would have this brown 'stuff' during my period? I normally bleed at the same time and everything. M also on birth control for what they said is endo. But I've also had problems with pressure during the month that I went to see my doctor with and he said that basically I...

Is it normal to have a period for three weeks? [ 1 Answers ]

Well this month as been really weird for me. I started my period one week early but it wasn't blood it was a brown discharge, the same as if I was starting my first period ever. I would have to change my pantyliner like every hour and it was full. This went on for one week, then I started having...

9 months without a menstrual.and blood test are normal [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 25 years old and I've always had a very irregular cycle (every 3-6 months). I recently saw an endocrinologist and he thought I might have PCOS. He gave me two blood test and both came back normal except my testosterone was a little high. I don't know what else to do because I want to have...

Menstrual period that last 3 weeks+ [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 43 years old and never missed a period before, last month my period skipped one month, then October I had my period that last about 3 weeks now, not a lot spotting for 2 weeks, and then continue onto the third week now. Is this normal?

I haven't had a menstrual cycle for some time, is it normal? Women only porfavor! [ 1 Answers ]

I am in my 5th year of having a menstrual cycle I have just recently turn 15 and I haven't had my period for about 7 months. I was recently looking at pregnancy symptoms and I compared my symptoms with those but I am more than sure that I am not pregnant I am actually a virgin and I have never had...

View more questions Search