Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjcatz25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 09:06 AM
    I have a lennox outside a/c unit and a lennox g26 series furnace.Low hum no air/ht
    Lennox Value Series... serial 5896G56798 M/N 10ACB365-5 P Central a/c unit and a Lennox G26 Series gas furnace both about 13 or 14 yrs old. Came home from vacation and turned A/C on (son tried earlier in the week) only a low hum whether on auto or fan or if we try heat(same thing, low hum)... we have reset breakers (they were still on) no success... what and about how much will this cost us?.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Need to get local estimates,, parts and labor are different wherever you go,, could be capicitor, could be fan motor, can you pinpointcloser as to where the humming is located, when the door/cover is off it kills the power ,you will need to hold in the button to get power back on while locating the humming sound

Jul 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
    I held the button down.. it is coming from down lower section of furnace(behind blower access door)... I can hear the a/c wanting to come on but acts like there is not enough oompf (sp) to get it started and then I could smell a slight burn smell. I felt a small part w/ my hand where I believe the humming is coming from (lower part behind the blower access door).. it may be a capacitor but I cannot tell from the diagram on the panel or the user's manual because there is no arrow denoting this part. Is there another name for the capacitor?

Jul 5, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Comment on wmproop's post
    I held the button down.. it is coming from down lower section of furnace(behind blower access door)... I can hear the a/c wanting to come on but acts like there is not enough oompf (sp) to get it started and then I could smell a slight burn smell. I fe
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Nope, capacitor is the name,, they don`t cost much,maybe 10 bucks,it's a small oblong shaped canister about 1 1/2 wide and 2 to 2 1/2 inches tall ttwo wires going to it. Remove from where its mounted but leave wires connected,, written on side will tell the size like 5.0 or 7.5 get an exact replacement, before removing wires short the 2 post together with scrwdriver

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox G26 Elite series furnace problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have a G26 Elite Series Furnace. The inducer motor comes on as well as the flames for about 1 minute and the Blower Motor comes on for about one second and everything shuts down, flames too. It repeats the above cycle and then blower stays on and heats the house. I have cleaned the Flame sensor,...

LENNOX Gas Furnace-High Efficiency G51MP Series NO HOT AIR [ 9 Answers ]

My LENNOX Gas Furnace-High Efficiency G51MP Series is 2 years old. The furnace used to work perfectly. 4 Days ago I started having a problem with it. We woke up in the middle of the night and the house is very cold. The thermostat is set to 72°F and it was reading 66°F. The furnace was running but...

I have a Lennox elite series furnace. The vents are just blow out cold air, not heat. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox elite series furnace. The vents are just blow out cold air, not heat. The theromstat is now working strange. I set the digital theromstat at 75 deg. And then place the thermostat on hold. The temp. emediately goes to 65 deg. I went into the attic and looked at the system. I read...

Blower Motor (I think) Hum - Lennox Pulse 21 Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I'm in a new home and turned on the furnace for the first time - a Lennox Pulse 21, fairly new by the looks of it. It was inspected a few weeks ago by the home inspector and passed, but I didn't notice anything at that time. When the unit starts up, and begins blowing heat, there is a...

Lennox G26 furnace fan turns on by itself! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have a Lennox G26 furnace and a week ago, the furnace fan would just turn on by itself (the thermostat would be off at the time) and start blowing cool air. I would then try turning the thermostat to heat or AC, but it would continue to blow cool air. And it wouldn't turn off! The...

View more questions Search