Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charger771Mark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 10:43 PM
    I am obsessed with my ex girlfriend. How can I get over her?
    We had been together for 2 years until she broke up with me for someone she thought was better. That person happens to be one of my friends. They went out for a month and broke up. Then she went out with another friend of mine for 2 weeks. Then she broke up with him. Then one day I came over to go help her grandma move out of her house and we went in the back room and kissed a little. I was surprised and I thought we would get back together and my depression and constantly thinking about her would finally be over. But then she told me "i dont wanna go out with you because im scared to". I asked why? She said "im afraid that i might break up with you again and i felt bad for breaking your heart the first time. i dont wanna do it another time. so whenever i get that feeling that i can trust myself that i would stay with you forever, i dont think will get together". I was depressed all that week. Now after that, she went out with a guy four years older than her. And I don't know what happened there. But now its summer and I don't see her in school anymore and we barely ever talk. I heard she thinks it's a little awkward being friends with me because we went out like when we first met. Anyway well now I have no idea who she's going out with or if she's going out with anyone but she has a YouTube profile and it has a picture or her and some other guy but I can't tell who it is because the picture is so small. I think about her 24/7, 7 days a week and I can't take it anymore. I did everything to try to get her off my mind but nothings helping. Its been 6 months now since she broke up with me and she also treated me like crap and lied to me constantly by the way, but I just can't stop thinking about her. She was my first love... I know this "story" is kind of all over the place about her but the whole point is that... I want to get over her and I want to move on, because I know shell never come back to me. But I don't know how to get over her. Its been 6 months going on 7 and I'm still thinking about her constantly. If anyone can give me some advice about this situation. Thatll be awesome
    Thanks
    Mark
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 25, 2010, 11:03 PM

Hello Mark,

Sorry for your pain, its good to hear you do want to get over her now. This is a great first step to take. The next step your going to need to get rid of anything that reminds you of her, ex. Pictures, delete her from all your social networks, phone number, etc.

Once you are gotten rid of all those things, make sure to go NC with her. Don't check up on her YouTube account or anything. This will help you heal and move on.

Try to get involved in other activities where you can start setting some goals in your life to look forward to. They can be little or small, but something to keep your mind busy.

Another thing that always helped me was to write a letter, pretty much venting out all your feelings, good and bad about the relationship. Write everything, kind of like a goodbye letter. This will help to be your closure. But don't ever send it to her or anyone, this is your personal diary type of thing.

Hope some of this helps! We'll all here to help you through it :)
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 25, 2010, 11:25 PM

Have to spread the rep

However I agree with the previous poster, go NC, and get rid of or put away any photos,momentos of any description.

Delete her phone number, Facebook account, you tube, anything at all connected to this girl and have no more contact, check stickies on this forum to find out more about NC.

You will get over her if you go NC.

You've nothing to lose but so much to gain. Go NC Now...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 07:38 AM

Those first loves can haunt us all our lives, but you must deal with the pain in more positive ways. As the other have said, completely leave her alone and stop getting into her social pages. That's torturing yourself, and keeping the pain alive and well, in your own head.

What jumps out is she has made the rounds with all your friends, "she also treated me like crap and lied to me constantly btw" so I don't think all your thoughts are good ones, and maybe your mad at yourself for being her dork. Whatever it is, get busy doing what young guys do and whenever you feel depressed or she pops into your mind, get up and do something besides computer stalking her.

She may be on your mind, but she doesn't have to stay there. The best way to get beyond old memories, is to make new ones with other people.

Yeah those first loves are hard to shake but better shake it, or you miss the thrill of the second loves, and they tend to be better.
    prowaker Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Jun 26, 2010, 01:19 PM

I'm going through the same thing, sort of. Its only been a month but the thoughts of her are there. She's been treating me like crap as well.

I know its only been a month for me but I have been torturing myself letting her get the best of me. Found out the hard way that NC really works. Don't give in, even if your drunk.

She was my first true love as well. talaniman is right, I've been trying to keep busy when she comes into my mind. I really find going to the gym is great because you let out some anger!
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jun 26, 2010, 03:02 PM

Why is it the guys want to stay with the girls that treat them like crap? You can do much better. She has jumped from guy to guy, that would tell me something. You need to get over this girl and fast.
    budniang1988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 04:17 PM

Hey Mark. I'm going through the same thing. My guy treated me like crap, and good. But its been probably 7 months since he broke up with me and I know I won't get him back ever. But, I am having the hardest time forgetting him. He was my first love as well. In April 2010 it would have been 2 years, which is the longest relationship I have ever had in my 22 years of life. Did everything together, even lived with each other for about 8months of our relationship. But, he still went onto someone younger, and likes to party/drink more then me. I guess it was just cause I was to ready for life, going to school and now working, doing things on my own, paying bills, and trying to find an apartment. GROW UP! I think I wanted to go forward with life and he wanted to go backwards with life. So we just didn't mix. But, I always/ and will always believe in the saying "things happen for a reason!" And trust me, if you knew my past you could understand why I say that. Its not just cause of him. Its many reason. But, I do know one thing, after he broke up with me (which was on Thanksgiving 2009! ) I started doing better in school and hanging out with my old friends, and just doing things in a better life. And not being depressed and sad. Yet, I still think of him everyday. I even, honestly catch myself wanting him back into my life. Even though I know that will never happen. I work one day at a time. I try to keep work on my mind and my friends do help me out a lot. They keep me busy. Like the other night, my best friend and I went to a hotel in our town and just spent the night and got away from everything but each other. Anyway, the point is. Get people that are positive and up-beat. Tell them, it may be embarrsing but still, they can honestly be help. Or get onto Facebook or myspace and find people on there that seem up-beat and happy. Make friends with them. Having people that are happy and up-beat are good for the body and soul. Other then that, I really don't think I have much else to tell you. If you want to chat even more, or just talk I'm here. I have Facebook and myspace. Hope everything works out.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 04:38 PM

She's a "Run Around Sue". I wonder just how many men she has been with? Do you know? Does she know or has she lost count?

My advice is , stay away from her .
    She could have an STD and you could end up getting more than a broken heart!
    nick2310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 03:35 AM
    Its simple I was with my first love for about 2 half yrs man listen after we broke up I was down and always depressed I yelled a lot I could never smile that went on for 3 yrs listen find a girl that doesent seem like the rest date the girl that you uswaly wouldent date because I'm engaged now I'm telling you once you date some other girl and she treats you better than all the rest your going to look back on your first love and go wow I feel releaved man she was a ***** and that's that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do I am an obsessed girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend but I am afraid if he leaves me or gets snatched away from me

Is my girlfriend obsessed? [ 7 Answers ]

For sake of this question, my name is John, and my girlfriend's name is Tina. Oh, and sorry for the long story. My question is quite simple. Is my girlfriend obsessed with me? And I don't want you to think I'm being harsh, so I'll give you some background. Tina and I have been going out...

I think I got obsessed [ 17 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago, after we were going out for four months, over a text message, and I think the main reason was because I got too involved in her life and she wanted to hang out with her friends more. I got upset when she started hanging out with them instead of me, and...

Obsessed with an ex [ 8 Answers ]

So I am totally obsessed with my ex. Not one hour goes by where I don't think about him. I want hangout with him everyday and never leave. I am so jealous... I don't want to picture him EVER with another girl, the thought makes me cringe every time. I am constantly wondering what he is doing and...

View more questions Search