Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katrinablake6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
    My dog has sickness, diahorrea and won't eat
    I have a 3year old Jack Russell called Missee, who is being sick regularly every few days
    And constantly has diahorrea. Whenever my dog is sick, its substance is yellow coloured
    Bile. Her diahorrea is yellow in colour and varies in strength, between loose motions
    And pouring out like water, asif someone has switched a tap on! I am very concerned
    About her.
    Missee hasn't eaten her dry food in well over a week. She has always had dry food, her
    Whole life. To prevent starvation, I've been giving her "tit bits" of fresh meats, human
    Snacks. But over the last 3days she's even refused these, which has got me really worried!
    I knew something was VERY wrong when she refused her favourite treat of baked beans
    Today. Its totally out-of-character.

Aside from her refusal to eat, sickness and diahorrea, Missee has plenty of energy. She
    Is still boundy on walks, engages with "play fetch" and is very responsive, active. She is
    Drinking water regularly, normal. She's not lost any weight. Im obviously very concerned all the same though and
    Would welcome any advice/ information if there is any out there?
    Thank you
    theresa101 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2010, 05:15 PM

Your pet could be suffering from a number of things, from intestinal parasites to irritable bowel to liver issues. Given her age I would start with the simple things first and have a fecal sample tested at her Veterinarian. But in the meantime lay off the table food. Boiled chicken or hamburger with white rice are OK in small portions,(unseasoned) the key until then is to let her tummy rest a little. Your best bet is a trip to the vet if she has an irritated GI tract, anti-biotics or anti-fungals may be in order, but you don't want to let it continue into dehydration.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 05:26 PM

I think you ought to take missie to the vet. Sounds like there is something serious going on. Theresa mentioned some good points.
    katrinablake6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Thank you very much for the advice, which is greatly received.
    I shall definitely seek to take her to the vets, as there is
    No improvement in her condition and the diahorrea is so very
    Severe now, even though she's not had any human foods or even
    Her dried dog food! Thank you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got a new dog and it won't eat.how will I get it to eat? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a new dog 1 day ago to be exact; she is 8 years old.. I have tried feeding it and it won't eat or drink.. If it really doesn't eat, how long will I wait till I bring her to the vet?! :(

My dog won't eat dog food at all [ 6 Answers ]

My 1 year old poodle mixed won't eat dog food and he just takes a few pieces of dry dog food now and then, I don't know what to do its my fault I kept giving him table food now he won't even go near the wet food I don't want him to starve to death what am I to do keep him on human food? Please can...

New dog in house, old dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, About a month ago my family got a new chocolate lab. Before this dog we had a zoo yorkie mix. At first they both got along fine but now the yorkie (rusty) won't eat around the lab (tucker). About a week ago we had to change both dog's foods because our vet told us not to feed rusty puppy food...

Dog won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 14year old dog not sure of breed.she will drink water but will not eat

Dog won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

I have the same problem (as here) but worse. My pomeranian pups (3 pups healthy and eats on their own) 2 pups barely drinks water and nothing else. I feed a great fornula of milk(evap), yogurt, mayo, water and vitacal. But I seringe the formula in mouth every 3 hours. If I go longer than 6 hour...

View more questions Search