Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abyss1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Clinically depressed?
    Hi Im a 19 year old male student and I think I may suffer from clinical depression but I don't know how you can tell. I constantly feel depressed and alone and have lost passion for most things in life. I go out as little as possible as I can't be bothered to do anything and am anxious in social situations. I am still happy on occasion but most of the time I find it difficult to get pleasure from most things in life. How likely do you think it is that I have clinical depression and what causes this? Thank you
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 12, 2006, 01:42 PM
    That seems a pretty close match for depression to me but what will really matter is a diagnosis by a trained professional, which I am not. Depression can be from a variety of things and your doctor will ask questions in order to determine what type it may be and which kind of treatment is needed to recover. There is seasonal, situational and chemical depression, as far as I know. It is nothing to be ashamed of and, at the same time, its nothing to trifle with either as it can become dibilitating, if left untreated. I hope that helps encourage you to seek help from your doctor soon. You'll be glad you did.
    sadiesmom Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Dec 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
    I agree with Valinors_ I strongly encourage you to make an appointment with a doctor. This can become very serious if left untreated. It definitely sounds like depression. You don't have to live like this. barbara
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2006, 06:00 AM
    You have a lot of the symptoms that the online questionairs discuss. If it last more than two weeks you are supposed to see a professional. Maybe there is someone at your college who can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello poeople out there like you I also have the same problem about the dark sode of our u. arms. Since I've been reading about your insights on how to solve this, I think if I could only buy that product things would be easier for me but I can't can you please give me tips or some...

Depressed? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm think I'm depressed but I don't want to take medication or talk to anyone (shrink) I also cut myself from time to time, does anyone know of an alternative to help with depression , I was also diagnosed with having an underactive thyroid hormone a few months ago could this low hormone be causing...

Please help me very depressed! [ 11 Answers ]

Believe this it's the short version but doesn't appear that way: Adult son moved away and did not come and say goodbye to me. He has never done this to me ever. And he has moved away from here many times before. I would not lend him money this time! He is a son from my first marriage. No other...

Depressed dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my dog for about 2 years, he is a labrador crossed with a staff, and is usually a happy dog. Recently my little bro bought a kitten, since the kitten has been in the house, the dog seems sort of depressed. I know it sounds stupid, but when I look at his, he just looks really sad. I've...

View more questions Search