Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

May 23, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Going through a tampon every 30-45 minutes
    I am 22 years old and I have always had a light period I never cramp or anything. Well this time its not light at all. I am going through a SUPER tampon every 30-45 minutes and by the time I sit down its leaking out. I am having major cramps and I am passing blood clots. What is my problem? Does anyone know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Only a doctor can tell you what is wrong. Is there a chance you are miscarrying?

I'm not going to say anything about the tampons...

May 23, 2010, 06:39 PM

Any input you have is welcome... and if you are asking if I have sex and my spouse goes in me well yes that happens on occasion

May 23, 2010, 06:39 PM

I wouldn't know if I was pregnant or not though
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2010, 06:45 PM

I can't tell you angel what is wrong, don't know your medical conditions but would advise using a super pad instead of tampon. Why plug everything up? Get yourself to emerg asap and see what is wrong. Bleeding that much does not sound normal or you wouldn't be on here asking what is the matter. You know your body better then anyone.

Tick

May 23, 2010, 08:51 PM

I was using the pads but they were getting so wet too fast that they were actually falling off and that was the pads with the wings at that. At least with the tampons I was able to hold on to it instead of getting it all over my clothes.
    As for talking with my dr I will be calling in the morning as soon as they open. Our ER we have here is full of morons. I think they got their degree out of a cracker jack box. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them... and I'm a tiny girl and can't throw to save my life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 23, 2010, 09:37 PM

Just make sure that you go in if you pass any large clots or if you get dizzy or lightheaded.

You don't want to take a risk with this, you could become dangerously anemic losing that much blood, there is also the threat of hemorrhaging.

Personally, I'd already be going into the hospital, but I'm a bit paranoid about this, seeing as I did hemorrhage but stayed at home hoping that I'd be okay. By the time I could no longer sit up or remember my own name, it was almost too late. Thankfully my husband got me to the hospital and obviously I lived. For me it was a miscarriage, but blood loss is blood loss and you're experiencing a lot.

Don't risk your health, and let us know that you're okay.

May 25, 2010, 06:27 PM

Im OK, I'm not losing as much blood but the dr can't figure out what's going on with me. He ordered some tests so we will see. In the mean time he changed my birth control, put me on prenatal vitamins and gave me something for the pain. Im not pregnant so I'm not really sure what the prenatals are for and he said it wasn't a miscarrage
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Prenatals are always a good vitamin for all women of child bearing age. Heck I'm 45 and can't have any more kiddos and I still take prenatals!

May 25, 2010, 06:30 PM

Lol well I guess ill be taking them along with you. Hmm maybe ill get lucky one day and be able to have another kid but right now he says I'm at too high of a risk to have one
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Why is doc placing you at high risk?
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Why is doc placing you at high risk?
    High blood pressure?

May 28, 2010, 04:43 PM

Actually I have low blood pressure. I am high risk because I just recently had a baby.

When I went to the dr he told me that it was probably just cramping form a period. Well its been three days since the bleeding stopped and I'm in so much pain its un real. What do I do? Our doctors here are a joke I really think they got their degree out of a cracker jack box
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 06:40 AM

That's interesting, then you are not getting any satisfaction and don't feel you are being diagnosed properly. Where do you live ? Your new information wasn't included in your original post, angel. When did you give birth ? Now I have questions :).

I am just fishing around here, but did a doctor mention a curotage ? I don't know if that can be done for a new mother. J_9 would know the answer to that, but maybe something was left behind after the birthing. It could be possible. Did they do an ultrasound on your uterus?

Tick

May 31, 2010, 12:05 PM

New Mexico has horrible doctors. I had my son in August of '09
    The dr didn't mention anything to me. The only thing he did was a pelvic exam and checked my blood count and passed it off as a bad period. I don't know how he can just pass it off as that. I am still hurting and the bleeding stopped quite some time ago

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost tampon? [ 3 Answers ]

Im not sure if I have a lost tampon or not. How do I check with out going to a DR.?

How do I use a tampon? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I still don't know how to use a tampon. I can't find the hole that opens to the vagina, so I was wondering if someone could describe it to me. I also don't know if you are supposed to put pressure onto the tampon in order to insert it. I've already read all the package stuff...

Stuck tampon [ 2 Answers ]

How Will A Doctore Remove A Stuck Tampon If Still On A Cycle And Bleeding Heavily?

View more questions Search