Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maxmillions Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 06:09 AM
    I need to stop using meth. I quit for 6 year before. How do I stop now?
    I began using in 1997. Shortly after I got busted for possession of Meth and had a small handgun in my car. I was given a slap on the wrist and had a stayed stentence of I think 30 days. I violated probation with a domestic violence case three year later. I continued my meth use and began selling it to support a habit of, ohhh 2-3grams per day, which I mostly snorted. I had no job and just lived in a family condo alone. In early 2003, I got busted for sales of meth and felon in possession of a firearm, which violated probation again. This time I was in Jail 4 month and had 3 years stayed prison time if probation was violated. I went into a local recovery home and completed a 9 month program. I managed to stay off meth from 2003 until last October 09, when an old childhood friend and I were reunited. I thought I could do it once and have no problems. Well, my use continued and I now have been using for the last month every day, smoking only and consuming approximately 1\8 th ounce per week. My career and employer knew about my previous problem, and my family too. My mother is alone and I don't believe it would help her to know. If my employer found out I would loose my job for sure. I have had my second chance and still appear normal. I know this needs to stop! How do I get through the withdrawl symptoms and change my habits to stop this now before it gets worse?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 07:18 AM

You stop, so it is tough, or you put yourself into a rehab.
    You stop being friends or seeing anyone that uses,

But then your mom alone while you do serious jail time, losing your job and being unemployeed would be tough also
    Maxmillions Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You stop, so it is tough, or you put yourself into a rehab.
    You stop being friends or seeing anyone that uses,

But then your mom alone while you do serious jail time, losing your job and being unemployeed would be tough also
    Thanks Chuck,

Lucky that none of my friends use at all.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Go to meetings.N/A is a great way to get clean.

I have may friends who are recovering from meth, it is a serious challenge but it can be done.

How have you been so far?
    jenndino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Focus on the reason you like doing meth and why it is that you feel you need it. Obviously your unhappy and want more to your life, and meth fills that void; temporarily. Try finding a psychiatrist that specialized in drug addiction. And, surround yourself with the healthy good things that make you smile as much as you can!

Stay strong... only you have the power to control you.
    Use that power instead of the pipe.. you've got this :)
    spex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 04:36 AM
    It's really not easy. I'm just over my first year. It was hell. People make it seem so simple. It's not. I KNOW. I go to many NA meetings. It took me years, many rehabs until I just got tired of it, and even know the cravings seem to keep coming back. Just don't give up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

/how do I stop my 2 year old waking for milk in the night [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter wakes about 2-3 times every night wanting a bottle of milk and I need to stop it

How can I stop my 2 year old from bitting [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old is bitting agen he went throw this stage and got himself out of it but now I can't seam to stop it it is all the time to anyone he is leaving marks on other children that are so bad it is making me not want to take him anywhere I can't take my eye off him for a second because he will...

How to stop a 2 1/2 year old from biting at Daycare [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 2 1/2. He has never been what I would think of as a biter, just went through a little phase around one, and then we haven't had any problems. He's bitten at day care about once a month since April. Recently it has increased too about every other week he has a biting incident. He hasn't...

Our 1 year old keeps hitting us!How do we get her to stop? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 1st time mom to a daughter who is about to be a year old. Is it just me or can children this young already get attitudes. My husbands says he wonders where she gets it from! She's a really good baby, but lately she has been hitting both my husband and I in the face if she doesn't like our...

How would you stop a two year old [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two year old son with really bad eczema. I have tried to keep him from scratching it but nothing seems to work I have been to 3 dermatologist and they say the same thing he will out grow it. Any help would be nice

View more questions Search