Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Why am I ALWAYS tired?
    All right well someone please try and help me. I don't want the "get more sleep, or eat better... or what not." that's common knowledge.

You see I've experimented from getting 8 hours of sleep to 11 hours of sleep and nothing works. I'm 18 years old, and I just started working but it's always been like this anyway. So work is not the problem.. besides I only work 2 hours...

Anyway I tried coffee.. doesn't work. I don't even want to touch the energy drinks.

Basically to sum it up, even after I eat (when usually you get your energy) I'm still yawning the whole day.. it's ridiculous.. people think I don't get enough sleep or that I'm not getting enough oxygen! I don't get it, around 1 pm everyone is right on paying attention at school and I'm always the one yawning no one else does.. just ME.

I don't eat meat a lot. LIke red meat I detest, it's like maybe 10 times a year that I will ever eat it. Chicken maybe 5-8 times a month depending. I'm not sure maybe it's because of that... someone help!!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:52 PM

Well, what foods do you eat? Are you getting enough vitamins? You may not want to hear it, but it really could be because of your diet. If you're net getting enough of certain things, like vitamin be for example, you're going to feel tired. Its not just any food that gives you real energy. Or not enough iron can make you tired. Since you don't eat much meat, where are you getting your iron from? And do you stay hydrated?

As crazy as it sounds, sometimes getting too much sleep can make you feel tired. And, I wish I remembered where I'd read it, but there's been at least one study that found that some people actually do better on less than 8 hours of sleep (I think it was about 6 hours of sleep they did best on).

I don't blame you for wanting to stay away from the energy drinks. The caffeine high is like a sugar high-temporary and addicting.

How much physical activity do you get? I've noticed that I actually feel more worn out when I sit around the house doing nothing all day then when I actually go and work out or get in some sort of physical activity, even if initially right after I feel tired, later in the day I feel much better.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:11 PM

I'd suggest a sleep study especially if recurring and not seasonal.
    You could have Sleep Apnea.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:15 PM

Kiss, what exactly is sleep apnea? My uncle has it and has to use this breathing machine when he sleeps. I'd just thought it had to do was his snoring and breathing when he slept. Is it more than that?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:15 PM

Your circadian rythum could be different from the "norm" so maybe you just don't operate well during most daylight hours. It's kind of like an internal biological clock. Do you ever wake up at strange hours of the night as well?

EDIT: here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 09:43 PM

Jc:

Without doing a search and giving one simple explanation. When a person with sleep apnea sleeps, the air way get's obstructed and they wake up. They sometimes never wake up all the way and go back to sleep again. Thus they are in a continuous sleep/wake cycle all night and that isn't restfull. Some other symptoms are always tired and falling asleep in the daytime. Some people need only help breathing in and other in and out.

A better explanation for one specific type: Sleep Apnea, What Is

Note the risks if left untreated. One big one is death,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 09:48 PM

Have your doctor check for anemia. That was why I was so tired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting tired of this [ 31 Answers ]

Every single day I get an email telling me that I've either inherited millions or a dying widow is leaving me millions or someone has a business and wants to give me millions. How many people fall for these scams? What do the people sending these emails get out of it? My name? My number? ...

I'm tired [ 4 Answers ]

Everyday I find myself in a hole trying to get out and I know I have a lot of good qualities in me but I just need a chance, I know that I'm capable of an upgrade ,and I'm capable of living life the way I want to live it so, I'm asking for a REALLY GOOD JOB SPELL I moved hoping for a change I'm...

I'm tired of trying [ 7 Answers ]

I'am tired of trying to get pregnant if it happen it happen.I want it so bad though

View more questions Search