Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diamondp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Trying to have a baby for 16 months
    We've been trying to have a baby for 16 months but have had no luck do you think there is something wrong?
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Mar 29, 2010, 05:04 AM

It takes on average 18 months to conceive. Don't worry and enjoy the trying. Me and my husband tried for last 5 years and after tests were told we more than likely would never conceive naturally so we concentrated on other things and guess what? Its happened when we weren't thinking about it and had given up hope. I'm now 9 weeks pregnant! Good luck x
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 29, 2010, 11:30 AM

Typically, its recommended that you check in with a doctor if you've actively tried to conceive for 12 months without success. I suggest calling your OB/GYN for a pre-conception appointment.

This doesn't mean something is wrong. It could be an issue of bad timing, or possibly low sperm count, infrequent ovulation, etc. There are dozens of reasons a couple may have trouble concieving. Many have no real reason at all--it just takes time. As "perfect" as everything has to go, its truly a miracle we can have babies at all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 months baby coughing [ 1 Answers ]

Coughing baby 2 months old

My baby is 2 months old [ 1 Answers ]

So my son is 2 1/2 months old and I just realized that he has a flat spot on the back of his head. I think it is because of putting him in the bouncer... I am worried about that and also his eating habits. He eats every 3 to 4 hours during the day about 4 onces sometimes he will eat 2 ounces and...

Am I pregnant and my baby is only 2 months [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex with my daughters father about 2 weeks ago we did not use protection and he came inside of me. I went home later that day and inserted my birthcontrol (nuvaring) and now I'm waiting on my period to come. What are the possibilities that I may be pregnant?

Trying for a baby after 3 yrs 5 months [ 4 Answers ]

Hello evey1, me and my partner think we are ready 4 our 2nd child, a baby brother/sister for our little boy, he is 3 1//2 yrs old. I have had regular monthly cyles ever since he was born,have a good diet, exercise regularly and have a healthy weight, will it take a few months for me to conceive or...

Trying for a baby for 9 MONTHS! [ 3 Answers ]

9 months ago, I stopped the mini pill on the hopes of getting pregnant, and having unprotected sex too (with the consent of my boyfriend, and we've both had a checkup etc) and each month, nothing, I mean nothing... im so upset, because I really want a baby now, and I don't know what to do, I know...

View more questions Search