Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeuner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Intercaste marriages
    How to convince parents for love marriage?
    Hi All,

I am 27 and she is 24. I am a north indian brahmin from UP and she is a punjabi khatri from Delhi. We are working in the same organisation but in different cities. We are financially stable and are confident about our relationship. Her parents didn't had any problems with this marriage if my parents agree to it as they are OK with this intercaste marriage for their daughter's happiness. But my parents are dead against it.

Reasons:

1. Different Caste (Main Problem)
    2. I have a younger sister who has just given her 12th board exams. My parents say that if I marry intercaste it will affect my sisters chances of getting married. She will not get any alliance forget about good alliances.
    3. My parents say that our relatives and society will cut off all relations with them if I get married to her.

My parents are so against this marriage that they did not want to know anything about this girl. In fact the girls mother taked to my father over phone and requested him to say yes to this marriage but my parents did not agree.

Kindly advice me on this... I am really disturbed over this as I want my parents consent and want to take them into confidence at the same time I only want to marry her and nobody else.
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Mar 30, 2010, 09:45 AM

I can totally relate to your situation I am a Christian while my husband was a Hindu Mudailar. It took a long time to convince my dad who is a Preacher. Keep in mind that you need to have lots of patience and let your parents know that you will be happy only if you live with her. And as for your sister, it will take at least four years for her to marry and by the time every body's mind set would have changed.

I am sure that your relatives will accept but it will take time and even if they don't then you don't need them in your life.
    Explain to your parents that we are living in changed times where love rules, and caste differences are being forgotten. Good luck...
    vijay1911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
    I know this is a old question however it is a common one so I will offer my advice in the hope that it will help the next person who searchs for similar answers.

Only you know your parents and their personality and their views so it is difficult for us to tell you exactly how to talk to them however I suggest you read this article below. You need to understand their views and then counter them.

In any relationship that you want your parents to approve, the girl/boy needs to have something positive such as a good job, family, money, respect etc. If your girls family is poor or if she does not have a good job and she is also of a different caste then they will not accept it. If she has a good job, money and is educated then that will help convince them. Remember, money talks!

http://www.imarriages.com/advice/how-to-convince-parents-for-intercaste-marriage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Intercaste marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I am a muslim and I want to marry a girl of hindu caste? I know that marring a other caste girl is haram but if the girl is ready to convert islam? If my parents did not allow me to do marriage than what should I do?

Intercaste marriage . How do I convince girls mother. [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy from bestha which is a lower catse in India. I am in love with a reddy girl.We are both well educated and very much in love. I am well off financially too. She was raised by a single mother who took a lot of pain to raise her. I have tried to talk to her mother but the only point of...

View more questions Search