Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viomary Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Eviction
    I live in Florida. I received a 5 day eviction notice. The landlord said that he gave me a 3 day notice before filing. I told him I never received that. He then said he gave it to a man that was smoking a cigarette outside my apartment. I can only assume that it was the father of my kids. He does not live there with me and is not on the lease. So I wanted to know if because of this do I have an argument against the eviction. Also I made a payment of $340 I was still behind $400. They accepted the payment and the next day is when they sent me a notice stating I owed $1,103.03 rent plus $370 attorney fees and that a final eviction hasn't been started. Also that my money order of $340 is being held. I called the next day to set a payment arrangement. The woman I spoke with said it was fine the next day I receive the final 5 day eviction notice. Do I have a case?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 07:02 PM

If you pay the balance of all the back rent and legal fees you can fight it in housing court when they take you there for eviction procedure.

I doubt the other issue will stop the court from upholding the eviction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process on an eviction in the state of Florida? How do I see if it was done in the court?

Possible eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I came from NJ here in Fl. Just 2mo. Rented condo from in law and brother. They raised my rent $100 one day after being here. Verbal agreement, no lease. I then asked for a lease, I am still waiting. I found out 2wks ago they were and have been behind in their condo fees despite my rental payment...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 yr old, nearly 19. He does not want to help out around the house. Bad influence on 15 yr old. Pays 300 dollars a month rent. I want him to move out and be on his own. How can I make him leave?

View more questions Search