Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Russ Rheaume Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 12:45 AM
    How to shorten a Garden hose
    I need a six foot garden hose for my fish tank and hose faucet hookup which is about 3 feet away from the tank. I use longer hoses and they just get crimped up and split open. Can you help me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 01:23 AM
    Hi, Russ Rheaume!

What is the inside diameter of the hose that you would like to use, please?

Thanks!
    freedhardwoods Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Mar 21, 2010, 06:01 AM

Most hardware stores sell replacement ends for the 3 popular sizes of garden hoses (1/2", 5/8", 3/4"). Just cut your hose to the length you need and install it with a screwdriver. Liquid soap makes pushing the new end into the hose easier. Rinse very thoroughly before using it around your fish. If there is a sharp bend in the hose between the spigot and tank, you can purchase 90* elbows to fit your hose and eliminate kinks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garden hose [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pfister kitchen faucet which has the spray hose built in, I would like to hook up a garden hose so I can spray my patio, I have no water connection on the outside, my question is can I even hook a hose to this and if so what kind of connector or adapter would I need? Thanks

Garden hose problems [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house that came with a fitting on the outside garden hose bib and I believe it was put there to conserve water. It had a piece sticking out of the middle of it and if you press in that piece with enough force, it opens this fitting up for water to flow through. Well, I tried 3...

Water pressure too high for garden hose? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know what the water pressure is at my house, but I do know that it is very high/ strong. We live near the water plant- I assume that has a lot to do with it? We've been through several garden hoses in the last couple years. We've bought regular hoses and the last one we bought was...

Shorten spray hose [ 2 Answers ]

My spray hose on my kitchen sink is too long and continuously catches on the pipes under the sink. I want to shorten this hose, but have no idea how. Any info is appreciated.

View more questions Search