Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashriel Posts: 52, Reputation: 8

Mar 9, 2010, 01:02 PM
    These are the issues I have. Anybody know of any cures/therapies to heal?
    I suffer from:

Anxiety
    PCOS
    Depression
    HPV (genital warts)
    I'm overweight by about 60 pounds
    Acne on body and face
    Lack of drive and motivation

I currently am on Orth-Tri-Cyclen birth control for the PCOS, and Citalopram 40mg for the depression and anxiety.

If anyone knows of any remedies for these issues that work, please post a reply. Think of me as your patient, what would you suggest? :-)

Thanks
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:09 PM

Thinking of you as our patient implies that you would be thinking of us as your dr's. Please do not think of anyone here as your dr. we may be able to give suggestions, but please do not think that any advice given here should be taken instead of your dr's.

Why are you looking for alternatives? Are the current meds you're on not working for you?

Has your dr recommended any prescriptions for your acne? There's a lot of acne body washes out these days. A good ex-foliating scrub may help too.

What have you already tried to lose weight?
    Ashriel Posts: 52, Reputation: 8

Mar 9, 2010, 01:16 PM

"Think of me as your patient" was a figure of speech.. .

I'm looking into alternative health because I want to get away from the artificial chemicals and drugs, and more into holistic therapies.

Me posting this was to see what herbs/therapies/hints/suggestions have helped others with these issues.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:37 PM

OK. Just be sure to discuss any advice you get here with your dr. everyone can react differently to different medicines and even more natural approaches. It's a good idea to let your dr know what's going on
    eyebright Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2010, 12:01 AM

Obviously the first thing you need is some joy and passion in your life - something you love doing. That should deal with 90% of the problems.

Then we can find some homeopathics or something...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 11:36 AM

Vitamin E from the gel caps can be applied to the herpes lesions 3x a day to relieve the pain and help heal lesions. There is no cure for herpes but application of the vitamin e oil directly on the lesions helps tremendously.

As for the acne try washing your acne areas with silver water. This is available at health food stores but it is expensive. You can apply the silver water to a washcloth and use on a freshly washed acne prone area. My son had acne on his shoulders and using silver water made it disappear in about 2-3 weeks and never return. The acne is actually bacteria in the pores that you must address. Silver water is a natural antibacterial agent.

Lose weight. Get a bicycle and go riding at least once a day. Early in the morning is best as it will wake up your metabolism and make you feel better physically and emotionally. Your depression should lift without use of big pharma drugs.

Drink plenty of good water during the daytime. You could actually be dehydrated and not realize it. Most people are dehydrated and only drink when they are thirsty. Drink lots of water but don't overdo the water each day.
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Sep 21, 2010, 10:07 PM

HPV is different to herpes so you should not have lesions down there but tiny warts. If your immunity is strong then they will eventually go. The most important thing to do is to have pap smears regularly to make sure you don't develop cervical cancer which is increased when you have the hpv virus.

The symptoms you are experiencing with the acne, depression, overweight and depression are classic symptoms of PCOS and therefore treating the cause is important to rid yourself of these symptoms. I have found the most effective treatment for PCOS is a low G.I diet which helps to balance insulin levels, cut out sugars and gluten. If you want to get off medications then there are herbs which are effective at balancing hormones rather than birth control pills but I should not advice over a forum but rather you could look into visiting a naturopath or herbalist who can suggest the right herbs for you. But in the meantime I highly recommend a low G.I diet and definitely exercise as mentioned, at least 30 minutes a day which helps your insulin as well as lifts your mood. Insulin is a major factor for PCOS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural cures [ 6 Answers ]

What is chelation?what is this for?what is hydro colon therapy and what is it used for?where is the best pace t get a chelation?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tax deduction for therapies to special needs kids of h1 visa [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband is in NJ with h1 visa. We have an autisitic kid for whom we are spending for therapies out of our packets. Can this amount be deducted in the tax?

Cures for hiccups anyone? [ 30 Answers ]

Okay, So I get hiccups about every week. Sometimes they last, sometimes they don't. I was told it can happen from eating too fast; that I believe. Now what I want to know, is how do you cure YOUR hiccups? They especially drive me crazy when I'm at work and I have to talk to people over the...

Debt cures they don't want you to know about [ 1 Answers ]

Are there some debt cures that financial institutions don't want you to know about? Any tips will be appreciated?

Cures for fibroids [ 6 Answers ]

I have two fibroids. What natural medicines can I take to get rid of them?

View more questions Search