Actual production 15,000 units
    Expected volume of production 18,000 units
    Manufacturing costs incurred
    Variable $120,000
    Fixed 63,000
    Nonmanufacturing costs incurred
    Variable $ 24,000
    Fixed 18,000

1. Assume that there is no January 1, 20X7, inventory; no variances are allocated to inventory; and
    the firm uses a “full absorption” approach to product costing. Compute (a) the cost assigned to
    December 31, 20X7, inventory; and (b) operating income for the year ended December 31, 20X7.
    (Do not prepare a statement.)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 01:17 AM

Please start your own thread for your question instead of tagging onto other people's. I've moved yours as your own thread.

Then please review the guidelines for posting homework:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    These are in the red print right at the top of this forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income statements under absorption costing and variable costing [ 3 Answers ]

One the absorption income statement I worked backwards from the income of operations which my book provided to help with the problem. What I do not understand is how to get the number for cost of goods sold. I do not know what to put together to get this number. I have done the absorption...

Preparing an income statement under absorption costing and variable costing [ 5 Answers ]

Stonehenge Inc. a manufacturer of landscaping blocks, began operations on April 1 of the current year. During this time, the company produced 750,000 units and sold 720,000 units at a sales price of $9 per unit. Cost information for this period is shown below. Produciton costs Direct...

Comparison of Variable Costing and Absorption Costing [ 1 Answers ]

13-B3 Comparison of Variable Costing and Absorption Costing Consider the following information pertaining to a years operations of Youngstown Manufacturing: Units sold 1,400 Units produced 1,600 Direct labor $4,200 Direct materials used 3,500 Fixed manufacturing overhead 2,200...

Comparison of Variable Costing and Absorption Costing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I need help with this problem. o Question 13-B3, Comparison of Variable Costing and Absorption Costing

View more questions Search