Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:17 PM
    OK I need some advice...
    I am going to have a baby... and I am about 5-6 weeks along and I am getting sick all the time... I can't ride in the car... my husband told me I was being mean all the time but he is really being mean he is short with me and won't be close to me or nothing... last night he slept on the floor... am I the one who is mean or am I going crazy... I feal the same but him I can't even talk to him without him getting pissy... help me please:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 08:24 PM
    You are just hormonal. That will go away. I promise!!

Next you will probably cry at cute commercials like I did.

This is only temporary and is due to an influx in hormones in your system. It usually only lasts for the first 3 months, then comes back during the last 3 months. It is hard, but you need to listen to your husband and sometimes bite your tongue if you are going to say something mean or off color. Just be assured it is only temporary.

You are not mean, you are not going crazy, you are hormonal. It is normal and natural. But, you do have to pay attention to what you are saying and how you are saying it. This is when the old saying "think before you speak" really comes in handy.
    cmiller25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaboo21
    i am going to have a baby....and i am about 5-6 weeks along and i am getting sick all the time....i can't ride in the car.....my husband told me i was being mean all the time but he is really being mean he is short with me and wont be close to me or nothing....last night he slept on the floor....am i the one who is mean or am i going crazy....i feal the same but him i can't even talk to him without him getting pissy......help me please:confused:
    It might be that you're both being a little short with each other. Plus your hormones are going crazy right now. Everything is going to feel more personal to you. Something you may have just blown off a couple months ago is going to effect you differently now. I'm 35 weeks with my third daughter right now, and I'm still like that. Plus he could be nervous too. Is this his first? I know my husband got snippy with me with our first because he was scared. It took a lot of prodding to get him to talk about it, but eventually he did. And we were both a lot better off letting the other one know how he was making me feel and how he was feeling too.
    bugaboo21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
    One more thing if you have sex in the first 3 months will you miscarrie?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 08:42 PM
    No, NO and NO!!

Sex is natural, have fun!!

That is just an old wives tale and a common misconception. Sex actually releases certain endorphins that can be healthy to a pregnant woman.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 10:18 PM
    You might be a little mean right now... you probably deserve some leeway. He might be mean too, and a little scared... he gets some leeway too.

Sex is absolutely fine. Actually, sex is damn great... but you know that.

The craziness will end soon enough. The first trimester can be nuts. My wife was much better the second... er... I mean I wasn't as much an a$$hole... or both. Hang in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need advice! [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I just found out I'm pregnant by my ex. He was physically and emotionally abusive. He told me the last time we spoke that if I ever became pregnant by him he would do "anything necessary to get rid of it". I decided not to tell him but I just thought of a very big problem, I go back to...

I need some advice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant. For about 5 months... I started my period about 2 weeks early and it was pink then brown and now it's like a redish maroon with a little bit of clotting... what could be going on? This happened before too. I just really want to get...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Need Advice [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for advice. I am on the verge of a total mental breakdown. Sorry this is very long. Here is my story…. In 1994 I was 24 years old and a single father of one. I bought a house and was living by myself with my son visiting me every other weekend, life was good. Later in 1997 I...

Need advice [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks for the advice

View more questions Search