Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifrbrewstr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:12 PM
    How to get a puppy to quit eating his poop
    My 12 week old puppy eats his poop after he goes is there any way I could stop him from doing this?
    tigerlil79 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:26 PM

Sometimes it is good for there digestive system so be careful how u do the stop eating poo thing! Where does he go poop inside or outside
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Feb 18, 2010, 07:28 PM

Easiest way is to pick it up immediately. There are also products in pet stores such as Forbid and Deter that are supplements you sprinkle in their food that deters them from eating it. Many say that adding pineapple juice to their food works just as well as the products on the market - but, I personally do not have experience with pineapple juice. Puppy breath is too wonderful to let them do that!
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Feb 18, 2010, 07:32 PM

Oh, canned pumpkin supposedly works well also. It makes their poop taste "bad". Can you imagine that?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 05:48 AM

Meat tenderizer. Sprinkle some on his food, and it makes the poop un appitizing. Also pineapple works as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshund puppy eating poop [ 15 Answers ]

My eight month old dachshund has a problem with eating her own poop and other dog's. This is really disgusting, and I've never had to deal with it before. She's thrown up before, and we have so far just kept her away from poop. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions for anything to make her...

Dog/puppy eating poop [ 2 Answers ]

This has only just started. My dog is now 11 months old and has just decided to start eating poop, not his own I might add. As we are out walking and some takes his fancy, he will eat it. I have told him off to no avail, growling and saying bad dog etc, but this doesn't appear to work. I am...

Puppy eating his own poop [ 21 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old black lab who eats his own poop and I cannot figure out why. Does anyone know why puppies do this? I try to keep him away from it but he is so quick sometimes! Is there something he is lacking in his diet? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search