Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beatle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
    80's Children Animated Film. Desperate
    I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor should that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title.

I remember an animated movie that I saw in the early/mid 1980's. I believe it aired on the Disney Channel (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Disney production) and the animation style vaguely reminds me of The Hobbit animated movie. Here's what I can remember about the plot: a young child (a boy?) watches everyone he knows, family, friends, etc. get turned into odd wooden-block-like marionettes. He follows them on a long journey, always evading detection of the evil force turning all people into these block-monsters, searching for a way to return humanity to normal. He journeys along, trying to save his family from their good-as-dead fate, meeting with little success. The marionettes are being marched toward the ocean, and when they arrive, they all begin assembling themselves into buildings or boats or something. Near the end, the boy, who is the last person alive and the only one who can save the day, gets captured/infected/etc. and becomes one of the mindless wooden block marionette creatures as well. I seem to remember that after this, the viewer is shown the marionette's long (10-15 minute?) death-march to the sea, in complete silence. So, evil wins and the long marching lines of wooden block creatures assemble themselves into structures in a terribly disturbing and quiet scene. I sincerely hope someone can name this movie, because I can't find information about it on IMDb or the general internet, and it's driving me crazy.

Thank you very much
    Youngbull Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 02:05 PM
    Are you sure it isn't a little unicorn named unico cause that sounds a ton like his second movie
    averybojangles Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Yeah, it sounds like Unico and the island of magic.
    rinzei Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 12:55 PM
    If you have bittorrent I found a movie like what you asked about. Unico I think it was . You can download it here ;BoxTorrents
    Browse for it

Island_of_Magic_XviD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's animated kids movie PLEASE HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I always used to watch this movie when I stayed home sick from school. I don't remember much, but here goes... It was animated kind of like the last unicorn, but the colors were mainly fall colors... very orange. It was set among the hills... I think on a castle or there was some sort of...

Animated film [ 5 Answers ]

I saw this movie in music class years ago, but can't remember the title. There's a lonely boy with a flute, and some girl appears and takes him off to some magical world, saying that he's supposed to save it from destruction. He meets some little black demon that can fly around like a buzzsaw, ala...

Mid-Late 80's Creepy Animated Show/Film [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor soul that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title. All I remember is that one...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been searching for this movie for some time now. I remember watching it when I was between 7-12 years old... I'm 24 now, no I'm not going through a mid-life crisis. -This movie or possibly a cartoon series was made sometime in the 80's or very early 90's. Story: From what I remember,...

View more questions Search