Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rudys mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Cat won't drink
    Any advice to get cat to drink? He's on baytril getting over some sort of infection, doesn't have the big cat diseases according to the expensive bloodwork we've had done. I know the side effects of baytril are going to make it hard to know if he is still sick or sick from the cure. The main problem is getting him to drink!:eek:
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 11, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rudys mom
    any advice to get cat to drink? He's on baytril getting over some sort of infection, doesnt have the big cat diseases according to the expensive bloodwork we've had done. I know the side effects of baytril are going to make it hard to know if he is still sick or sick from the cure. The main problem is getting him to drink!:eek:
    I am no vet but he will eventually, I don't know of any way for you to force him/her to drink.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 12, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Talk to you vet about subQ fluids. Also, force some electrolytes in a syringe down his throat. Cats get dehydrated very easily and it can cause some kidney issues. Plus since his body needs to flush out toxins and the antibiotic he really needs the liquid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat won't use the litter box! [ 14 Answers ]

HELP Help My 6 month old outside/inside kitten won't use her litter box She pees and poos on my furniture and blankets and wood flooring. I tried to teach her but it didn't help. PLEASE HELP I AM DESPIRET:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My dog won't drink or eat ANYTHING (isnt active either) [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dog that used to jump, bite and run, but now it seems like he is weak for some reason. He doesn't run like he used to. I give him food and water but he doesn't eat or drink it neither. He has vomit once and this other time was trying to vomit but couln't get it out. I feel like I'm doing...

Help My Cat won't Eat! [ 5 Answers ]

my cat doesnt chew her food well and she will vomit it back up. we have tried to give her soft food but wont it a lot of it. i am getting really worried about her!!! I dont know what to do!!! HELP!!!!! :confused: :eek:

My cat won't nurse [ 1 Answers ]

:( my cat won't feed her babie. Not only that, every time they cry she comes to me. What the hell do I do:mad: . Srry for the language:(

Won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a komondor dog that won't eat or drink been 3 days he has been vomitting and is now brining up bile, he has no get up and go even though we have a ***** that has just come into season

View more questions Search