Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpamdw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Wiring a desk lamp with two lights
    Trying to wire an onle desk lamp with two sockets and a switch. I hae verified the two sockets work as when I connect each to electricity they will come on. Problem is adding a switch to the two separate sockets.
    Cord from the wall has two wires, switch has two wires, each socket has two wires. How are eaxch of the eight wires connected. Also I got a NEW switch from Lowe's (indicatd this was a replacement) and tried it but blew a fuse. After examining the switch closely I notIced the new switch had the following information 3A250VAC; 6A125VAC; 6A125VL
    The original switch had the following information 3A-125V-AC; 1.5A-125-VAC; 1A-250-VAC

Not a professional, not real handy around th house but have replaced lamp sockets before easy only two wires. This project has eight. A little help please!

Email address: [email protected]
    Tev Posts: 232, Reputation: 20

Dec 1, 2009, 05:40 PM

OK

The neutral wire from cord goes to the wires connected to the screw shells of both sockets.

Hot from cord goes to one side of switch.

Other side of switch to the remaining wires on sockets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring old lamp [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old lamp which has a switch at top that turns on a light on top and a light in the glass body of the lamp. I have I put in a new cord and have the light on top working, but there is a black and a white wire for the lamp's body light. I only have one screw for both wires... does anyone...

Wiring a lamp [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a box made of children's block with several spaces between the blocks with a solid base and a hinged top with security hasp which can be locked. I plan to install a lamp stem and socket to the top and a small socket inside for a night light. I need to know how to install a...

Wiring lamp with two lights [ 1 Answers ]

My wife bought a lamp with 2 lights; a small one in the bottom and a regular one on top. The socket for the top bulb needed to be replaced. I finally found the socket. It has 3 connections on it. I have to connect 4 wires to it. ( the regular lamp wire and a black wire and white wire from the...

Wiring a 3 way lamp [ 3 Answers ]

I am rewiring an old electrical hurricane lamp that has a small bulb in the bottom part and a regular bulb in the top. The appliance has 3 connector poles (one copper and two silver). What wires go where? There are two wires, one connected to the outlet and one from the small bult in the bottom...

View more questions Search