Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirty whiteboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Honda civic 91... check engine light comes on and car dies and won't restart... why?
    91 honda civic hatchback won't start , has no error codes displayed on ECU anymore, I replace both injectors. But while driving check engine light comes on and car dies and won't restart. I replaced the main fuel relay and it did no good. What could I have left to replace?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 08:09 PM

When you turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II), does the Check Engine Light (CEL) come on and then go off after 2 seconds? If not, the problem is with the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse, in the under dash fuse/relay box; ECM (perform the K-Test); main relay; or the ignition switch. Perform tests in that order.

In your case, test all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Likewise, perform the K-Test on the ECM--many are now failing on older Hondas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light on a 97 honda civic [ 6 Answers ]

What are some of the reasons for the check engine light to come on in a 97 honda civic , I have already changed the upper and lower o2 sensors ?

Honda Civic Check Engine Light [ 15 Answers ]

I have a great running 1997 Honda Civic HX that has an issue with the check engine light coming on at random times. I have taken to the dealer and all they are able to do is clear the codes. Not able to read or diagnose. Connection error comes up on the OBDII diagnostics. I have noticed no...

95 honda civic dies after cutting car off [ 1 Answers ]

My 95 honda civic after I get a boost starts and drives fine but its only after I cut the car off the batterie dies causing me to have to get another boost. What can cause this?

97 honda civic ex check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

Used to come on after raining and then go out after a few drives. Now, has remained on. Neighbor hooked a diagnostic computer up to it and it didn't relay any codes. Removed the fuse (fuse 7.5) for 10 seconds and light still remains on. Any other suggestions?

Honda civic 01 engine check & srs light [ 0 Answers ]

My srs dummy light has been on 4 about 2 weeks now, and today check engine light is also on car seems sluggish and once it almost died. Please help also should I not drive it at all?? Thanks helpless in w. sac::confused: :( :eek:

View more questions Search