Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FUTCLUCH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Submersible Pump installation
    Can I install a submersible pump horzintally. Due to excessibe gas in my well I must pump from well into a storage tank and then pump from the storage tank to the pressure tank and system. The pump I installed runs for 20 seconds then stops it will reset itself in aprox 60 to 90 seconds and cycle on and off. In about 2 hours it built about 20 psi. Question is my trouble cause by the horzintal installation or do I have a thermal limiter problem in the pump.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 06:27 PM

Are you saying you somehow installed a submersible pump SIDEWAYS in a well, or you have the pump in the storage tank?
    xcountry292 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
    the pump motor is cooled when water rushes past it, which workes good in a 6in well caseing but not in a tank!
    What works good is to sleeve the pump. Install a 3X4 inch fernco coupling at the top of the water pump, (3 inch at the top). Then put a piece of 4in sewer & drain pipe in the bottom, leave the pipe about 3 to 4 inches past the bottom of the pump.
    good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is better? Jet Pump or Submersible? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently bought 21 acres unimproved pasture land. This is our first house, first well, etc. Looking around for the best deal regarding water well installations. Got a quote to drill a 400' to 500' well w/4" pipe with a submersible pump for $7000.00. Which is better? A jet pump or...

Submersible vs jet pump [ 13 Answers ]

I have a well that is 44 ft to the bottom. The well is 500 feet to the cabin. The cabin is up hill 30 feet on a slow incline. Which pump would work the best in this situation. The well is an old 8 inch steel pipe well.

Submersible Pump [ 6 Answers ]

A friend asked me to hook up his water pump. He has the red black yellow and green wires running to the house, which he wants hooked up to the box. This is not right is it. I thought that power came from main box to a control box and these wires hooked to control box from pump?

View more questions Search