Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randolf2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Furnace heat won't stay on
    I HAVE A GOODMAN FURNACE THAT HAS BEEN ACTING UP AS OF A FEW DAYS AGO. I HAVE A PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT AND WHEN I ASK FOR HEAT THE FOLLOWING OCCURS:the blower comes on about twenty seconds later the thermocoupler engages and the gas fires. The gas only stays on for a few seconds then shuts down. Immediately the whole process starts again. A troubleshooting test suggests it might be a pressure switch. I conducted a continuity test and the switch seems OK. I also checked the flu for blockage there is no blockage. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Clean flame sensor with steel wool or sand paper.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace fan always on, but heat won't stay on [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Dynavent DNV40 natural gas furnace that when I turn the thermostat to heat, the fan will kick on but it never tries to ignite the gas. On rare occasions, it will ignite the gas, but after about 10 minutes of operating, the gas cuts off and the fan continues to blow. I replaced the...

I have a rheem furnace, new motor, I'm getting faint heat, burners won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new motor, thermostat is only a year and a half old, heat comes on, burners won't stay lit. Getting faint heat from vents on first floor level of house

Furnace will not stay on to heat house [ 3 Answers ]

For some time now I have been having trouble with my furnace. When I turn up the thermostat to cut in the furnace, it comes on for about 5 minutes and then stops. The only way to get it to come on again is to turn the power off to the furnace and then on again. After doing this it cycles again...

Furnace won't stay on, when thermostatic calls for heat [ 3 Answers ]

There is a roll over switch over the burner opening that keeps tripping and when you look at the burners the first one has overflow going around the bottom and top. Is this a adjustment of the pressure regulator on the control valve?

View more questions Search