Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 08:40 PM
    Yaaaayy! They arrived today! So, I won't have to make a trip. I ordered mine from All Day Chemist, they are based in India and are quite professional and legit. They sell many different things, I have the hq 4% $1.38 for 30g, retin-a gel 0.05% $2.52 for 20g, and latisse (eyelash) $10. Really good prices but the shipping & handling is $25, but if you order more the prices is still set so I got 4 of each and 1 latisse. So the their timing wasn't too bad, it was only actually a week and a half.

Fairr mixing the retin-a and F&W exclusive whitenizer w/ vit. C may work really well so give it a try and let me know how it works. Lol... how your mom took her obagi back, but still have the r-a. I remember doing a brown a few years back w/ my mom's hq crème and used it for my acne spots and was impressed... and then she hid the jar from me.

I was actually thinking today experimenting a bit too, wondering if I wash with the Likas, then apply the hq and few min. later apply the chrystaline, then sun block 15-30 min after. And use the retin-a in the evening everyother night in exchange for the hq. I never ordered this much lightening products at once but may give this a try before I go to bed.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    yaaaayy! they arrived today! so, I won't have to make a trip. I ordered mine from All Day Chemist, they are based in India and are quite professional and legit. They sell many different things, I have the hq 4% $1.38 for 30g, retin-a gel 0.05% $2.52 for 20g, and latisse (eyelash) $10. Really good prices but the shipping & handling is $25, but if you order more the prices is still set so I got 4 of each and 1 latisse. so the their timing wasn't too bad, it was only actually a week and a half.

Fairr mixing the retin-a and F&W exclusive whitenizer w/ vit. C may work really well so give it a try and let me know how it works. lol...how your mom took her obagi back, but still have the r-a. I remember doing a brown a few years back w/ my mom's hq creme and used it for my acne spots and was impressed...and then she hid the jar from me.

I was actually thinking today experimenting a bit too, wondering if I wash with the Likas, then apply the hq and few min. later apply the chrystaline, then sun block 15-30 min after. And use the retin-a in the evening everyother night in exchange for the hq. I never ordered this much lightening products at once but may give this a try before I go to bed.
    Please post your regimen once you decide now you got me excited lol
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 09:44 PM
    OK, I will!
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 10:33 AM
    yaaaayy! they arrived today! so, I won't have to make a trip. I ordered mine from All Day Chemist, they are based in India and are quite professional and legit. They sell many different things, I have the hq 4% $1.38 for 30g, retin-a gel 0.05% $2.52 for 20g, and latisse (eyelash) $10. Really good prices but the shipping & handling is $25, but if you order more the prices is still set so I got 4 of each and 1 latisse. so the their timing wasn't too bad, it was only actually a week and a half.

Fairr mixing the retin-a and F&W exclusive whitenizer w/ vit. C may work really well so give it a try and let me know how it works. lol...how your mom took her obagi back, but still have the r-a. I remember doing a brown a few years back w/ my mom's hq creme and used it for my acne spots and was impressed...and then she hid the jar from me.

I think its best to apply the cristalline and let it completely dry before you put the hq on your face. If uaplly it after the hq, your face may be too oily and it will produce acne. My mom also told me that if you mix glycerin with other lightening products, they won't work because glycerin kills the ingredients. What is latisse? I think I'm going to order the hq, too bad I didn't order it with my last order
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    i think its best to apply the cristalline and let it completely dry before u put the hq on ur face. if uaplly it after the hq, ur face may be too oily and it will produce acne. My mom also told me that if u mix glycerin with other lightening products, they wont work because glycerin kills the ingredients. wut is latisse? i think i'm going to order the hq, too bad i didnt order it with my last order
    lol... too late, I learned the hard way. I had did it opposite though, that night when I posted this I tried the hq first and waited a half hour for it too absorb. Then applied the christaline.. but it never ever absorbed and it just sat on my skin even hours later, and was quite uncomfortable :(, I was tempted to just wash it all off that night but I was too tiered. Yesterday and today I tried somethig different, tell me what you all think:
    morning: Likas, then christaline, after absorbed I applied sunblock 35 min later.
    evening: Likas, retin-a, then hq 4% 30 min. later.

this way I'm putting them to use, but all will be absorbed and one will not cancel out the other, correct? The info sheet for the retin-a states that it can be used 1X daily. So I'll try and use it once every evening, but if my skin doesn't adjust well to this then I'll cut back to everyother day. Unsure if the whole process will slow, speed up, or remain neutral with progressive lightening. But it's worth a try. I possibly may tinker with the regimine again if needed.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2009, 01:53 AM

I'm not an expert GG but that sched. Sounds pretty good to me.

I have back-burnered my Cristalline glycerine until my arms are where I want them. I was afraid it would slow the process. So my current idea is to save it for maintenance later and rely on the hq & ff for lightening now.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2009, 08:22 AM
    lol...too late, I learned the hard way. I had did it opposite though, that night when I posted this I tried the hq first and waited a half hour for it too absorb. then applied the christaline..but it never ever absorbed and it just sat on my skin even hours later, and was quite uncomfortable :(, I was tempted to just wash it all off that night but I was too tiered. Yesterday and today I tried somethig different, tell me what you all think:
    morning: Likas, then christaline, after absorbed I applied sunblock 35 min later.
    evening: Likas, retin-a, then hq 4% 30 min. later.

this way I'm putting them to use, but all will be absorbed and one will not cancel out the other, correct? The info sheet for the retin-a states that it can be used 1X daily. so I'll try and use it once every evening, but if my skin doesn't adjust well to this then I'll cut back to everyother day. Unsure if the whole process will slow, speed up, or remain neutral with progressive lightening. but it's worth a try. I possibly may tinker with the regimine again if needed.
    Your regimen sounds good. If you want to speed up the process, you may want to use the hq 4% twice a day though.
    I personaly have never had problems with the cristallline being sticky.. I apply with a cottonball and rub it in really well and after two mintutes its completely dry. I was thinking of getting the hq 4% from alldaychemist and adding it to my long regimen lol... my chest is really light now so I want my face to catch up fast. Do you think its safe to mix the hq with my fair and white whitenizer products? Or maybe I'll get the hq with tret. Not sure the percentage of the hq in that cream.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 08:50 AM
    OK, thanks guys for the advice.

Sagluva is your chest naturally light or did you lighten it. I wouldn't see aproblem with mixing the hq and f&w, just have to figure out how to prevent the hq from oxidizing once removed from it's tube so it can remain effective. The hq I have is a crème, so they may have a gel form too, unsure if that matters or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Your skin lightening regime [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, guys! What is your current skin lightening regime? And what results do you want to achieve? What do you cleanse, treat and moisturise with? Whatever it is, post it to let us all know! ;) I am currently trying to achieve even toned skin. My current skin lightening regime:

View more questions Search