Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basquiat Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Blasphemy against The Holy Spirit
    Hi, My question is in regards to Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I am a practicing christian (But haven't attended church for several years). In a fit of anger I Blasphemed against the Holy spirit by sayiny ''F#!& Off Holy Spirit. I have read many articles since then and they all point to one thing, That I cannot be forgiven for this! Am I eternally lost to hell?
    This is a serious question, I am very distraught over this. Please help me with honest biblically accurate answers. Much appreciated.
    Basquiat.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 03:57 PM

"Ask and you shall recieve. Knock and the door shall be opened to you." God offers forgiveness freely- to theifs, to adulturers (King David ring a bell?), to murderers, etc. Yes, even to those that say "F you Holy Spirit!" Sin is sin in God's eyes, he says that having hatred in your heart is murder. Saying f off to the holy spirit makes you just as guilty as a murderer. Me saying "holy sh!t!" today makes me just as guilty as a murderer- and all sin can be forgiven by Jesus. You need to be sincere and ASK Jesus for forgivness. He's standing right there and knows what you want (you want forgivness I'm guessing), he's just trying to get you to ask for it; he's right there asking: "what do you want?" So... tell him!
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Oct 7, 2009, 10:09 PM

Blaspheming comes from the heart and not from the mouth only.What if I never say anything against the Holy Spirit but live and think as a blasphemer?
    Go to the Father through the blood of the Son and the Holy Spirit will be honored to welcome you!
    May God strengthen you!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by basquiat View Post
    Hi, My question is in regards to Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I am a practicing christian (But haven't attended church for several years). In a fit of anger I Blasphemed against the Holy spirit by sayiny ''F#!& Off Holy Spirit. I have read many articles since then and they all point to one thing, That I cannot be forgiven for this! Am I eternally lost to hell?
    This is a serious question, I am very distraught over this. please help me with honest biblically accurate answers. Much appreciated.
    Basquiat.
    Yes it is a serious question, why would you even contemplate doing such a thing. Like you I know there is only Scripture that tells us about such things It is my understanding that blaspheming the Holy Spirit entails attributing to the Holy Spirit the works of Satan however profaning the Holy Spirit as you have done certainly crosses a line
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Oct 8, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Hi,
    I don't know the answer to this. I was just surfing the different titles and saw your post. I can imagine how terrible you feel. Pray and see what the Holy Spirit reveals to you.

The God I know is loving and forgiving. I know the scripture you are talking about. What you did was serious. When you pray to God, ask Him to search your heart. Do you think that if you knew you were off the hook here, that you would do this again? Were you drunk? What was going on? Present your case to Him. Again, sorry I can not give you a better answer but I believe He will reveal it to you.

All I can offer is this song for you. I hope this helps.

Click here: Listen To Our Hearts - posted by Becky Vang (byvang) - tangle.com
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Oct 9, 2009, 04:13 PM
    "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him" {John6:44] and
    "All that the Father gives Me , and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away"
    [John 6:37 If you had committed an unpardonable sin, then the Father would not have drawn you to repentance and in faith in Christ. We know that Jesus will not cast out any
    one who comes to Him. He would have cast you out if you were guilty of an unpardonable sin. You cannot experence sorrow, regret, fear, worry, or panic if the Holy Spirit is in you.
    When we are truly sorry for our sin and desire to be forgiven by God, we are repenting.
    Anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit, they cannot repent and believe. .

Maggie 3

Oct 9, 2009, 05:21 PM
    You know, you might consider talking to a couple of different Pastors and tell them everything that was going on when you made your comment. Explain your state of mind and any pertinent information. Were drugs and alcohol involved. Give all the facts. Ask them to pray with you and go over different scriptures with them. Maybe they can shed some light on this situation. We don't know your whole story here.

If I were you, I would go to different churches and speak with the Pastors and see what they have to say.

Good luck to you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2009, 06:09 PM

There is nothing at this time in Christianity that can not be forgiven. So if you wish to repent, do so, Christ knows your heart and awaits your words

Oct 9, 2009, 06:48 PM
    RE: Fr_Chuck,

Dear Fr_Chuck,
    I sincerely wish that was the case, but the word of God clearly states "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness", Mark 3:28.
    So I am trying to determine exactly what is the correct representation of 'Blasphemy' in the context of the scriptures it is mentioned. As with any scripture, there are many different views and interpretations put on it within the wider Christian community, encompassing the different denominations. I am looking for some hope that I am not eternally lost, but I am looking for biblically accurate answers as that is all I have to depend on. Opinions are a kind gesture but I need more that.
    I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ALL THE POSTS AND ENCOURAGEMENT YOU ARE ALL GIVING ME, as I am very distraught at the thought off the loss of my faith because of my mistake. Thank you all. Basquiat.

Oct 9, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Can you give some details? A brief summary? What was your state of mind? What was happening that made you say that?

Oct 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
    I have a question. When the Bible mentions that this sin of blasphemy is not forgiven, is this in the Old Testament or the New Testament? If it is in the Old Testament, it is before Christ's coming. Christ came to forgive all our sins.

I am trying to help here but don't have all the answers. Can anyone help out with this?

Oct 9, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Dear Summer7

Thank you for your posts and the link to the song, ''Listen To Our Hearts'' I listened to it and loved it.
    Re: Your previous post; Brief summary etc.

I am a practicing christian but nolonger attend church, As I was once very involved in ministry and doing an internship programme. I was working with along leadership in this particular denomination, I became very disolusioned and hurt when I was treated badly by leadership, I also found some corrupt practises being done by leadership. I left the internship programme and they told me it was Gods will that I remain there and if I did'nt do what they said I would be rebelling against God. This made things worse as I felt they were using my eagerness to serve God as a means to control me. I eventually became very depressed and ill, Things have been very difficult to say the least. I was eventually shunned by them and lost most of my friends in the church. I became very angry and in a fit of rage I blamed God (as people commonly do) That is when I said; ''F#@K You Holy Spirit.

I

Oct 9, 2009, 10:04 PM

You know, from what you have told me, I can only think that God would forgive you! The way you are describing this church you were involved with, does not seem to me the way I would imagine Jesus leading a church. I have read the Bible some and most of what you describe does not seem to be the way God would want it. Also, you became ill and depressed so you were not in your usual frame of mind. You were sick. I can see why you would be so upset and would cry out as you did in such a frustrating situation!

The God I know is a merciful, loving, forgiving God. From reading your story, I can imagine that God is happy that you love Him so much and are wanting to be right with Him. There was a lot going on with your ministry. You were disillusioned and perhaps things were not presented to you in an accurate manner during your ministry. There was a lot of human fault and error. You served God with your whole heart. Our loving God saw all that happened to you. Come on... you say you studied the Word. Don't you remember reading all those passages about God's love and mercy?

He knows your story better than anyone. He was there when you wholeheartedly served Him and when you were mistreated by people who were not handling "His" affairs and His flock properly. Sweetheart, I believe Jesus will forgive you! He's waiting with open arms for you, I am sure.

I am not an expert here but I would imagine that those people spoken of in the Bible who are blasphemers, are probably wicked , evil angry people who are well aware what they are saying. You were not in your perfect frame of mind. You were depressed. God knows this. You have provided many important details here to consider. Ask God to forgive you and trust that He does...

Oct 9, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Had to delete since it posted a duplicate response.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 10:42 PM
    basquiat,
    First of all what is blasphemy?
    I believe that what you said is very much disrespectful but not true blasphemy.
    You need to pray to Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit for forgiveness and mean it with all you heart and soul.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Oct 9, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Dear Summer7

Thank you for your response. You have been very gracious and encouraging.
    Kindest Regards,
    Basquiat

Oct 9, 2009, 11:14 PM
    How are you feeling right now? Do you believe that God will forgive you?

Oct 9, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Dear Summer7,
    I am feeling very encouraged. However I find it difficult to get past the scriptures... even though it is not my intent to reject God or the Holy Spirit and have been incredibly repentant about what I said, I am still unsure as whether or not saying that to the Holy Spirit can be forgiven (even I said in a fit of anger and not really meant it, as I was only venting my feelings and frustration). But the bottom line is the scriptures clearly say this is the one sin that can not be forgiven.
    Perhaps God will look upon the intent of my heart... well at least I am hoping He will.
    The Problem with this situation there is no loop hole (or grace) as it is the only thing in the bible that specifies there is no forgiveness for this sin.
    I have been praying God would show me the answer...

Oct 10, 2009, 12:06 AM
    I have an idea!! Have an intimate one-on-one with God. Talk with Him from your heart. Explain everything to Him and repent with your whole heart and soul. Ask God for His forgiveness. After all this, ask "Him" to reveal something to you that will show you His forgiveness. Kind of like a sign. I'm always amazed at how God shows me He's taking care of things. There will be something really cool that happens that can only come from God.

Don't stress anymore. Try this tip. God will answer. You will know in your heart if you are right with Him. This is between you and Him.

It's easy to try and pin our own perceptions of the world onto God. We have a bad experience in church and as you had mentioned earlier, we immediately blame God. Remember, all those people you were involved with are not God. They are imperfect human beings just like you and me. Only God is perfect and He is love and forgiving. What was the entire reason for Christ's coming? Forgiveness...

Give God a little more credit. Please try the tip I suggested. Then come back and tell us what God reveals to you. :)

I pray God's peace over you...

Oct 10, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    basquiat,
    First of all what is blasphemy?
    I believe that what you said is very much disrespectful but not true blasphemy.
    You need to pray to Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit for forgiveness and mean it with all you heart and soul.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    If I were you, I would recall my state of mind at the time. You said you were not well at the time. Do you honestly believe that our merciful God would not take that into account? God is fair!

I know you are concerned about the scripture. It's the Word of God after all. You know very well that when we read scripture, we'll read one verse we like but we really need to read the entire passage to get the full meaning of the verse. I think it's kind of like that with your situation. You made your comment. But we need to look at the entire picture of what took place leading up to that. The important piece here is that you were not in your right frame of mind. As the post by Arcura reads, "First of all what is blasphemy? I believe that what you said is very much disrespectful but not true blasphemy."

Boy, if anyone is going to give you a fair trial, it's Jesus! Look at the raw deal He got and He still forgave us. Think about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Holy Spirit [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know how other believers discern the voice of God's Holy Spirit speaking to you. Do you battle within yourself trying to discern if it's your flesh, Satan or the Holy Spirit? How do you really know you are doing God's will?

What is the holy spirit? [ 29 Answers ]

Is it a person? Does ability to speak with great emotion in a tongue that a person never studied prove that he has God’s spirit? Who is baptized with holy spirit?

Baptized with the Holy Spirit [ 3 Answers ]

Why do Christians need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

View more questions Search