Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellababyexoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Why won't he have sex with me and/or what can I do!
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I have been dating for about ten months now. We currently live together. When we first started dating we had sex at least twice a day everyday, but as time went on we started to have sex less and less. At the time we have sex once every two weeks if Im lucky. I know he isn't cheating on me, and I do have proof of this, so I know that cheating isn't an option. He claims nothing is wrong with me and that I'm beautiful and whatnot, I've tried doing different positions, outfits, romantic vacations, and basically everything short of throwing myself at him, that I have also tried to no avail. He always says it isn't me, but its really upsetting to feel unwanted.. I try so hard to initiate things between us and he just shrugs me off, but on the rare occasion that he does want it and comes to me and I'm not in the mood, he gets mad at me, because I practically beg for it so how dare I not want it when he finally does, but its sort of hard to be in the mood when your pushed away all the time. Mentally we have a great connection, but physically I feel like he isn't in to me anymore. I know I'm not the most beautiful of girls, but I know I'm not bottom of the barrel ugly, and I'm scared he thinks I'm to skinny for him, I'm 5'1 and weigh a whole 95 pounds, and I'm a 32c, It runs in the family, and I can't help it I'm tiny, its just the way I am.. so I'm not exactly the curviest of girls and its starting to depress me, like I'm not ever going to feel good enough, even though he insists I am and gets mad when I bring it up... WHAT DO I DO!! Im so confused.. I don't want to leave, but this is killing me.. Anyone out there have any advice or ideas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 06:33 PM

If he is not, there is some issue ( with him) not you, since obviously you were fine before.

Perhaps you need to move out for a bit and give him some space to consider it
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 4, 2009, 01:56 AM
    My opinion is that the bunny rabbit stage passes with time, and it is natural not to have sex twice a day for the duration of the relationship.

The attraction in the beginning is the falling in love, and all the wonderful things that go along with that.

But, reality eventually sets in, and what replaces the honeymoon phase is the reality of the relationship growing in different ways. Sex will not sustain a relationship very long, you have to develop a long lasting, loving bond, that includes intimacy yes, but is not the central focus of a solid relationship.

You question your appearance, which isn't it at all. There is nothing wrong with you, and there isn't anything wrong with him. That you think you are the cause of a lack of sex, shows immaturity in my opinion.

I would say ease up a bit on the pressure you put on him. Coming on so strong might very well be a turn off. You could also try talking to him honestly, and see if it wouldn't be worthwhile to discuss your sexual needs in a more mature, less obvious way.

He sounds like a good man, maybe just cut him some slack. No pressure.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 02:08 PM
    People often have differing sexual drives and this may be the case in your circumstances. Sometimes they also feel sexual at different times of the day - some people prefer it in the morning, others at night. Certainly there seems to have been a marked drop off in the frequency of your sex for such a short term relationship, but this could be a totally natural occurrence.

Most people find it very difficult to perform on demand and being nagged about sex is a huge passion killer. The poor guy may feel bombarded and he may feel reluctant or unable to respond. Back off for a while and see what happens. Nurture the other parts of the relationship and make him feel appreciated, not defensive.

Alternatively, it may just be that the 'spark' isn't there between you. It's no one's fault, and it happens.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 05:41 AM

First off, you aren't too small or too skinny. I like tiny women... I married one. And a 32C on a woman your size is a nice set of boobs. My wife is a little smaller than you and a 32A.

So don't be thinking its anything to do with your body.

Twice a day is a pretty hectic schedule for most guys to maintain for long. But once a day isn't. He has some issues for sure if its only every few weeks. How old are both of you, that can help us access what might be at play. Has he had any recent new stressors, like issues at work, etc?
    Karinaa13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 02:35 AM

First off, thinking its you is going to push him away if your constintly concerned about how you look. He obviously liked you before and you probably look the same as you did then.

Most couples go through a period when they don't have sex for months even.

You should never try so hard. I've had many guys coment and tell me that they would rather have a girl who's more laid back and doesn't constintly need to be putting lip gloss on etc. Be yourself and don't make him feel bad for not wanting to have sex with you. Lay on the couch and cuddle while watching a movie, then go to bed and cuddle for a bit. Let him know that its okay not to want to have sex all the time, but if he doesn't ever want sex then you need to talk to him and explain that you have needs to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Tenant won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't answer calls from me! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tenant who won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't take calls from me. They do not use the house as a primary residence. They are very wealthy and definitely have the means to pay. Just incredibly evasive and dismissive. Dotn know where to turn. Someone please help! I cannot...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

My furnace won't light and the lights on my control module won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok a couple of question if you can help I have a comfortmaker furnace I believe 1999 it came on a couple of times after I bought a new transformer, board, capacitator, and ignition control module now it won't come back on What to Do! Also I wanted to know if you can tell me the difference between...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search