Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnolan7715 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2009, 04:46 PM
    People make comments about my weight too often and it hurts
    I'm really hurt about all of the comments people make about my weight. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to eat in front of people or talk about what I eat because it seems as though everybody has something to say about it.

Tonight, my parents had my uncle out for dinner, and I helped myself to a small scoop of chocolate moose and put a bit of whipped cream on it. My uncle, in front of the entire table, looked at me and said "do you belong to a gym?" When I responded "no" he told me that I should consider it because if I kept eating like, that I'd get fatter. That was today. Yesterday I was at a dance lesson and my teacher told me that I was gainging weight. I'm 27, 5'3 and 114 lbs. Why can't people just leave me alone?

It probably wouldn't affect me so much, but about a year ago I ended a 3 year relationship because my boyfriend at the time told me he didn't find me attractive anymore because I had put on so much weight throughout the course of our relationship. At the time, I was 122 lbs. I will admit that I had put on weight, and was heavier then than I was when we met, but I never though that I was fat. We lived together and enjoyed eating together (at least I thought so. Turns out he thought I ate too much) I gues it doesn't matter that I didn't think I was fat. He thought I was. I did notice that in the last 6 months of our relationship he would touch me and didn't get affectionate with me, but the last thing I thought was that he thought I was too fat to be attractive.

The thing is that I wouldn't even feel like I had weight to lose unless people kept telling me I did. Why do people feel like it's OK to constantly make comments about my weight?
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 05:16 PM

When someone mentions my weight which isn't really bad, I mention something I don't like and then the fight is on. So I quit doing that! If they feel like they just have to be a "Momma or Dad" Thank them for their concern and advise them that you'll make an appointment for a complete physcial to ensure your health is fine. I did, it was and there was no comeback for a Doctor's opinion :) After 20 years, they still don't mention my weight at least to my face!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 05:27 PM

What are your family members ,a bunch of skeletons?

You are in no way overweight,I know because I am 5'3 and weigh about the same as you.

You are fine just where you are.
    Your uncle was probably teasing you!
    Screw the BF who had weight comments,was he a perfect 10?

Find a weight that you feel comfortable at.Try to maintain that weight by eating well and staying active and as for any comments from the calorie police,tell them you feel good and you like what you see.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 05:34 PM

First of all, family can be cruel. Maybe they are jealous because you look better then them and that is why they continually try to put you down is to make them feel better about themselves.

Second of all, if your boyfriend or ex boyfriend truly loved you. Inside and out, it would not matter whether your 100 lb or 1000 lb. Your boyfriend did not and was not truly in love with you. Or it would have never have been an issue.

Thirdly, the weight and height you describe is completely normal. The comments might always keep coming but you need to learn how to let it roll off your back. If your truly happy with yourself as a person and you feel good about yourself. It does not matter what anybody else thinks.

Best of wishes and stand up for yourself, and do not let these people bring you down. Start coming back with comebacks if you can because it sounds like there is no respect when it comes to your family is concerned.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 05:37 PM

That is far from over weight, first; do you feel good about yourself, are you taking non insults as such if you feel bad personally?

If someone says you are heavy, say well at least I can lose weight, there is not much help for being ugly
    I never take a insult without asking them what do they mean, or some direct comment to make them look stupid
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Sep 14, 2009, 06:09 AM
    I am a slender person. Years ago, I was dating somebody who commented about the serving of ice cream I'd just taken (incidentally, she was overweight), and I got MAD! I turned to her and asked "Are you monitoring my food intake?" She immediately backed down.
    Maybe it's time for you to get angry, too. It's nobody's business what you eat, and trust me... you're not fat.
    cutedivyanka Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Hi
    I know what you fell when people started commenting upon u , but at least see why ?because they love you and care of u , don't u think like that ,fat not only make you under confidence among others and also causes lot of dieses and when you are accpeting that you starting ganing lot a weight than you should also try to losse it , I am not going to demoralized you but I want to given a advice to join some fitness programs like yoga, gym and other ones, than you started to understand the difference in you and after that you don't have to be feel so bad like you felling now.
    liguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Whoa, this is random... I just cruised onto this site to check it out, and I think I know who you are, based on your posts and your username... To respect your privacy, I wouldn't normally reply, but since I think I know who you are, you should know one straight up fact from someone who most likely knows who you are in the real world: you are very attractive and you should not worry about what other people say or think. Sorry if I'm impeding on your anonymity, but since no one else on here knows who you are, and I'm pretty sure that I do, I figured that you should know how people who know you, besides your uncle and your loser ex, perceive you. You're gorgeous, kw. Sorry if you're weirded out by the fact that someone who knows you replied to your post, but I hope that the compliment outweighs the weirdness of getting a reply from someone who you know, who randomly came across your post. By the way, I'm not someone who's even in your life anymore, so don't worry about it being someone who you see regulary. I'm actually just someone who you knew for a really brief period, several years ago. We're not in touch anymore, but I recognized you from your username and the previous posts you made. Hope it's OK that I replied.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:07 PM

I agree with artlady. You are no way over weight. I am 5'2'' 130 lbs and I WISH I could get back down to 118.
    They must be jealous that you can eat and not gain...
    Or is the 114 a typo?
    Julesiscool Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Ok I Agree with art lady and n0help4u because I am 5"2 and I weigh 120-125 and I am an avid runner who runners varsity on the cross country team. You may just be solid like me, not fat but not gazelle like, you probably have big boobs and hips, like me( and I'm a runner) its most likely your build that because gennerally short people are more solid, but you way even less than I do and your taller do people(your uncle) must be a jackass ,you may want to try to tone with wieghts but if u lost any wieght ude be under wieght.oh and u will gain weight from the muscle u will build if u decide 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Do People Wear Make-Up? [ 7 Answers ]

Doing a speech at school, and so I decided to do it on this subject, as make-up has been banned x:):)

How do you make people leave your house [ 1 Answers ]

My friend lives with her mother and father and when her cousin got out of prison he needed a place to stay so they let him stay with them and then his dad came and stayed as well and now my friend wants them out cause they are not working and using drugs, and she has two small children and is...

Why did god make some people ugly and others good looking [ 30 Answers ]

I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that I look ugly... even a person who I though was my friend said I was ugly I don't know why some people are born gorgeous... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look...

Weight Comments [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick and tired of my neighbor commenting on my weight every time I see him (I'm really skinny). What could I say or do to end this? I am looking for something witty to say that will end the comments without straining the relationship with our neighbor (we're friendly with them and want to...

View more questions Search