Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jealousyjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Long platinum to true auburn at home, how to use toner.etc
    I have long platinum hair, almost white. I want to dye it back to my natural color. True auburn. I need a filler first but what is the product to get, and should I buy a auburn that is darker or lighter than what I want, because my hair is so free of pigment. Will color come out darker or lighter than picture on box? Heading to sallys soon and want to get the right products.
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 27, 2009, 09:52 PM

Gold filler! It should come in lite liquid form and should be applied scalp to ends with a color brush! Comb through hair shaft to ensure application is completely even and well saturated! As far as actual color goes choose something in a level 8! If results are not dark enough4you you can always reapply a darker level! Play it safe as far as how dark because once you've deposited your stuck! Because in your case if your hairs already platinum you would not want2use a color remover or bleach to lift it back out because it would really damage it! Remember color doesn't lift color! Only bleach! Oh and as far as developer to use w the color? You want a color activator! Not a 10 or 20 volume etc! They are not needed because your not lifting your depositing! Also they will open up the cuticle and will not allow for full deposit of the color!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

Platinum one Destinations [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone have any experience with Platinum One Destinations? Any scams or frauds to be aware of? Anyone with unsatisfactory results? Your experiences are greatly appreciated.

Is it true ? Earning 1k or more by home base typist job ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I have received some emails saying that "Easy typist job with more than $1k payment per month ? If yes, then I am intrested to do that. I am good in computer with knowledge of vb6 and vb.net programming language. THINk pOSITIVe

View more questions Search