Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassman66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Relationship Split
    My partner wants to split up after ten years together
    She has given her reasons- some confused me and some I understand and have to take responsibility for.
    She has made it clear there is no point in trying to change her mind and she will only make my life miserable, if we get back together?
    These deep emotional comments are from her bottlling these thoughts UP for a while!
    Unfortunately I didn't see it and could not discuss the reasons until too late.
    I now the best thing is, to give her space! and maybe move on,if there's any chance of use getting back together.
    The only problem is due to circumstances i cannot move out straight away to give her space as we are still living together.
    I have been away for long weekends over the last 3 weeks to give us space
    We have officially split up for 4 weeks now.
    What's advice and (tips) can you give, so to give the relationship a chance to get back together and how should I react to her while LIVING UNDER THE SAME ROOF!

Thank you
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 07:46 AM

She seems to have made it pretty clear that she does not want a relationship with you anymore.

If she wanted to get back together, she would let you know. But the fact that she hasn't said so means that she's already let go and moving on with her life. It's time for you to do the same.

Your best bet is to continue to try to find ways to move out so that it will be less painful on you.
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Aug 26, 2009, 11:14 AM

Get out of that situation dude. She has made it clear man that its over...

This is a prime example of why you don't move in with no female that you are not married to.

Just get out of there dude. And move on dude.
    Mishka1 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Aug 26, 2009, 11:23 AM

In the meantime, if you want to take the high road here, I hope there is an extra bedroom you have made your own. I'd get all of your stuff in it. Then banish yourself to it. Pretend you're at a hotel and have to use a hall bathroom. Don't leave any of your stuff in HER bathroom, kitchen, etc. Make your presence as unknown as possible but when you do see her make friendly conversation just like good roommates. Good luck.
    Sooo Confused Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Aug 26, 2009, 11:29 AM

Find a place quick. Crash on a couch at a friends house or something. My Ex dumped me after ten years and we were engaged, he said I did not have to leave right away, within minutes I was calling my best friend to see if I could crash on her floor, I had to get away, my healing could not be prolonged. If you are still in love with her, it will just be worse for you if you continue to live there, and be in denial. Its over buddy. Move one! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm currently in a relationship, but a friend is trying to split us up. [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for a couple of months now and all is going great, apart from a mutual "friend" who keeps trying to split us up, this "friend" keeps saying to my girlfriend that I'm cheating on her and texting my ex-girlfriend behind her back. This "friend" is the one who...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

I'm in a split. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a 5/6 split ad I want to be in a normal 6th grade class. I think I won't be iclude in anyway of the 6th grade stuff. Help, cause I fell like a 5th grader still. And I am going to for the rest for the year. Help!! :eek:

Split up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I slit up two months ago. Now I do still love her and I do mean that its not a crush or anything like that . Basally I covered up the truth about who I was in the past and what I used to do for a living I wanted for her to take me for who I am today she said she needed time and...

View more questions Search