Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LADYTRUCKER6385 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 02:09 PM
    What are steps to set up and Estate for my son?
    My son passed away 2005 now an insurance company has a check and as parents /next of kin , want us to set up an estate so they can reissue check to us... we are on low imcome and don't have a lot of money... and have no idea where to start... ty
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 02:13 PM

You will want to consult a professional in your area for how its best to proceed. Are they wanting to write this check to him ? Im only asking because the amount of it may make a difference as to what type of taxes apply. In this case it would be estate taxes. Why can't they send it directly to you ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What steps do I take? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has my maiden name and me and my husband both agreed to change it to our last name? But we don't know how to go about doing that?

Steps to be an ocp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , Iam an oracle plsql developer Would like to know about the details Of how I can be an first and Then ocp on the development and Administration side

"Reaonable" administrator fee - mother's estate Maine Estate Recovery [ 3 Answers ]

RE: State of Maine Recovery Act for Medicaid I have been told by the State of Maine, that they allow the administrator of the estate to receive a 'reasonable' fee for estate administration. I am the administrator. My mother received medical benefits from the State, and under their Recovery...

Steps to take. [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry not yelling at anyone Ok i have a real big problem... i have a really bad temper... when i don't get my way i get really mad... i then think of things to hurt that persons feelings when i don't get my way or i break things (last time i broke my cell phone wasn't good)... mainly my...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search