Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Fruitful and multiply? What if we can't?
    Just adopt! I bet is your answer. We will if it comes to it but I really want to have my own baby and experience pregnancy. I know of a lot of couples who were told that they couldn't conceive and they eventually did. I hate asking WHY but why would god make a body incapable of conceiving if we are supposed to have children?

We're not even sure if we can have kids or not. He just doesn't think he can because of an injury. I'm just always worried about it. So if we do have kids, here's the other worry...

I was also wondering about tubes being tied to prevent more children. I hate the idea of altering my body and I hate the idea of just completely not allowing any more children to be born from me. I know it would be hard to support so many children and I only want 2 or 3 but I hate the idea of saying NO to a 4th or 5th just because I don't have enough money. I know back then it just meant working harder and longer in the fields so everyone has enough food. But it obviously isn't like that anymore so I have no idea what I would do after about 3 children. It doesn't seem moral to me for some reason. My fiancé wants me to get my tubes tied after 3. I'm kind of lost on how I feel about that. Does anyone know of any passages from the bible that may give me some direction?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 09:43 PM

The world and humanity are no longer as God created them. He made them perfect; man messed up the plan. Now we are caught in the condition of sin and imperfection which mean infertility, stillborn babes, handicapped children, divorces, and all those other things that go wrong in our lives.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:01 PM
    snotbubble,
    We are all victims of the consequences of living in this world.
    Over the centuries such has caused many to have genetic changes with result in a wide variety of problems.
    In your case all I can say is to diligently pray work at it and keep trying.
    Yes I know of people who thought they could not have children but eventually did.
    Some even adopted after years of trying only to later have a child.
    God does work in mysterious ways, I hope and pray that He will help you in your quest to be fruitful.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Aug 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
    AMachell, In Gen. 1-22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on earth". The word fruitful means more
    Than just children. Fruit or fruitfull also means doing good works for the Lord.
    Having a child is a fruit of the womb. God also wants us to do good works or loving
    Kindness, to others to show His love in us. John 15-8 "By this My Father is glorified,
    that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." Eph. 5-8-11, "Walk in Light"
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as childern of light,
    (9) ( for the fruit of the Spirt is in all goodness, rightousness, and truth), (10) finding
    Out what is acceptable to the Lord. (11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works
    Of darkness, but rather expose them. I hope this helps you understand some about
    Fruit and fruitful.The more we get to know and love Jesus, the more effective our service will be. The closer we draw to God, the more impact our lives will have. The more
    Energetically we nurture our relationship with the Lord, the greater the positive mark we will leave behind. As we get to know the Lord more, we are multipling ourself with
    Him and in Him. This is also what multiply means. We can multiply our love and joy
    In the Lord so we can service Him more effectively and fruitful. I pray that the Lord
    Will answer all your questions about life as you grow closer to Him. He will never let
    You down. God loves every one of us with a passionate intensity too deep for words.
    He wants us to know this is how He designed us, in love, to loved.

Blessings, Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Maggie 3,
    That was a wonderful answer.
    I made me think more about this subject.
    Thanks much.
    Fred
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 10:55 PM

I also believe that infertility may be the result of a curse out upon your family. Because of sin, a curse may have been put on your past generations, and the bible says that curses stay on several generations.

Also, you can see infertility as a test, to see how much faith you have in your God. Of course, if you show enough, you will certainly be granted your wish to have a child, one way or the other.

To multiply doesn't involve only to conceive children you know... to multiply also means to bring unsaved souls to our Lord. Jesus said to his disciples to go and make all the nations his disciples, not to go and form large families. (Mat 28:19)
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Unknown008,
    Those are very good ways of looking that it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiply Fractions [ 1 Answers ]

5/7 * (-9/7) Type an integer or simplified fraction. I came up with -45/49 byt second guessing myself. Is this correct?

Is teaching dance a fruitful career? [ 6 Answers ]

Want to teach dance but I don't want to be scrapping for money for the rest of my life. Thoughts?

Do I multiply 7500 by 82%? [ 3 Answers ]

IN 1991 Northwest Airlines operating revenues were $7500 million. This is 82% of Delta AirLines operating revenue in 1991. What were Delta Air Lines' operating revenues in 1991? Round to nearest million.

How do I multiply polynomials? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't understand how I multiply polynomials, I wasn't there when they taught it, so I would appreciate it if you could help me, thanks.

Why do 9/11 conspiracy theoristy multiply? [ 7 Answers ]

It seems the 9/11 conspiracy theorists keep come back to the same questions over and over. Why won't the government answer question truthfully? MSN story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14723997/

View more questions Search