Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louiegisinho Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Why? Uninstalled IE8 but.
    I uninstalled because Internet Explorer 8 flipped my PC upside down. With past experience, I know there's always problems with new versions of Internet Explorer. However, this time I'm not being able to do some things which need to be done. Also, It messed my emails up with some script. I had this problems with earlier Internet Explorer versions but never again did I suffer until IE8.

However, does anyone know how to get rid of the IE8 UPDATE icon hanging by the Task bar? I refuse to install IE8 until Microsoft answers some questions I sent them and the icon refuses to go away.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Louiegisinho View Post
    However, does anyone know how to get rid of the IE8 UPDATE icon hanging by the Task bar?
    If you are referring to the yellow Automatic Updates notification shield icon, run Windows Update manually from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select custom scan, and then when the list of updates is displayed deselect IE8 and check the checkbox to not have IE8 offered or installed again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox does not start and cannot be uninstalled [ 7 Answers ]

1. Suddenly Firefox 8.1.1 will not start on my profile (admin). The computer thinks for 1 second and then nothing more happends. No error mess. 2. It starts and works fine at the other profile on the same computer 3. Tried to uninstall Firefox at the admin profile but during setup I get the...

Uninstalled antivirus from system [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed symantec antivirus in 2003 server. When I tried to uninstalled it from add/remove program it is not responding. Have also deleted antivirus files from registry. But still I cannot uninstall.

Internet Explorer uninstalled [ 6 Answers ]

I thought I was "cleaning up" my computer but apparently deleted Internet Explorer. Is there a way to re-install it?

Removed hardware uninstalled in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

hiu. Installed network card not working (no driver says PC).removed and replaced by other card : same result... after changing 5 different cards (allworking in another PC), = yellow exclamation point on all of them, and all of them still appearing in device manager!! Upon right click and...

Things that have been uninstalled [ 1 Answers ]

Once I uninstall something is it OK to delete those entries from msconfig start section and also under the start/programs if there still there?

View more questions Search