Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vineetamishra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 09:44 PM
    How to reduce frequency error in Moving Iron Voltmeter ?
    Please explain above question with diagram.
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 06:50 AM
    This is an entire EE course, but here is a short answer:

Assume a given value for the meter movements resistance and inductance. These will be shunted (parallelled) by a scaling resistor. In order to compensate for frequency, we would simply add a capaciotr in parallel with scaling resistor.

This simple for a given frequency. If you are looking to address variable frequency ranges or harmonics, the network of additional impedances of course increases. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving iron voltmeter [ 1 Answers ]

Moving iron voltmeter with short note and its diagram

Moving a cast iron bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

I have elected to save the cast iron bathtub instead of replacing it. I need to remove the old drain. Is there any suggestion as to how to move this tub out of the way to do this work? Is there some sort of machine that will lift this 600lb tub out of the way? :

Moving Cast Iron Toilet Plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm starting down the path to redo my one full bathroom in an older (1920s) house. In planning it out, I have determined that the drain from the toilet is cast iron. My plan includes moving the toilet, which I know means I have to move the drainage as well. Should I expect to run...

Moving cast iron toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. First off, I have been reading some posts on toilet moving and I must say I am really impressed by the members here. Many of you are very thorough and thoughtful in your posts. All right, so here's my problem. I would like to move a toilet over about a foot in my bathroom. I will be...

View more questions Search