Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystal3318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Adoption and divorce
    If me and wife are divorcing and I have adopted her son, do I still have to pay child support
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:26 PM

Yes. You adopted him. He is your son. You are his father.

It's just that simple.
    bornoutofaffair Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Yes. You adopted him. He is your son. You are his father.

It's just that simple.
    I agree. Even if you didn't father the child you still have a responsibility to pay childsupport.

I am one born from an affair and knows who her Bio father is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Divorce and child adoption [ 5 Answers ]

I got married to a Jamaican woman in 2005 and we have gone through the immigration process. I also adopted her son and he is now in the US. How do I go about getting the "shaft" she dose work and makes about the same amount of money I do. Also he son's bio father is also in the US now from Jamaica...

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

View more questions Search