Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcmm08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Husky won't eat
    We just got a dog Mon. from her previous owners, she got sick on the way here, had also just came in heat on that day, the next day she ate but got sick that night, since then she has been eating vey little. Is this normal? What can we do to get her to eat? She'a a Siberian Husky
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 04:52 PM

Please get her spayed. She is probably homesick and not used to different food and different surroundings and different people. If she isn't better by Monday, please take her to the vet for a checkup (and spaying).
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Aug 1, 2009, 05:52 PM

Like wondergirl said, you should get her checked out by a vet and also spayed.

On a different note on top of possible home sickness and diet and environment changes my huskies have a tendency to be picky eaters. If you are not feeding her the same food she simply may not like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husky Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old husky tractor. I had a problem starting it about a week ago and got it to turn over jumping it with my car after I let it sit for about 10 min. The battery is also brand new. Today I got around to changing all the belt because when I finally got it started it would no go. Now...

Husky and the heat [ 7 Answers ]

The heat really seems to bother Rex so I try to keep him inside as much as possible, but he likes to be outside and cries to go out. Even when he's inside he pants a lot and really heavily I try to put him in my room with a fan but he just wants to go outside. Are there any tips on how to keep him...

Not starting, husky [ 2 Answers ]

I also have a Huskvarna rider, mine would run for maybe 15 minutes then quit, let it set for awhile and it would start again, I replaced my plug, coil and stator to no avail, it was the fuel bowl that was dirty I took it off cleaned out the (Too much to believe junk) bowl and around the float. No...

Husky doent like lab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1 yr old lab and just bought a 8 week old husky. My lab is very hyper and never lays down so I showed the dogs each other the lab loved her but the husky growled and showed teeth. What could I do to help them get used to each other

My Husky will not eat! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Husky who was diagnosed with Blastomycosis a few weeks ago. My vet put him on Intraconazole. After a few days, he started eating a little bit of beef, porkchops and chicken. After a few days his appetite became a little better and would eat a few bites several times a day. ...

View more questions Search