Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollyy Dollyy Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Dark hairs on my stomarch
    I'm 14 and I have dark hairs on my stomarh , I want to get rid of them but I don't know what's the best option? Could you help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 09:07 AM

Under your belly button? Why do you want to get rid of them?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 09:45 AM

Hi hon :)

I am not trying to be nosey, but what is your race or ethnicity? I am italian, and I have a huge patch of dark hair on my stomach. Its annoying. I used to wax it, but now as an adult and a mother I just don't bother anymore lol, the only one who ever sees it is my husband now since I'm overweight and don't wear 2 piece bathing suits. Hehe.

But it could be completely normal for you. Ask your parents, they may know.

If you are not one of the 'darker' races, you may want to ask your doctor for a blood test to test your testosterone levels. This could increase hair growth in strange places too.

Shaving or waxing or using one of those over the counter hair removal kits could be your best option, but keep in mind your stomach skin is sensitive, so you might want to stick with either shaving or waxing, as those other kits have chemicals that can cause rashes or strange colrations.
    foreverpeace Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Jul 9, 2009, 01:10 PM

Just shave them :)
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 9, 2009, 02:45 PM
    DO NOT SHAVE, I shaved my under bellybutton hairs and even though they are temporarily gone, they come back... Thicker and darker. And then you get ingrown hairs under the dark ones, bad idea. I suggest to wax or laser hair removal.

Jul 10, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    hi hon :)

i am not trying to be nosey, but what is your race or ethnicity? i am italian, and i have a huge patch of dark hair on my stomach. its annoying. i used to wax it, but now as an adult and a mother i just dont bother anymore lol, the only one who ever sees it is my husband now since im overweight and dont wear 2 peice bathing suits. hehe.

but it could be completely normal for you. ask your parents, they may know.

if you are not one of the 'darker' races, you may want to ask your doctor for a blood test to test your testosterone levels. this could increase hair growth in strange places too.

shaving or waxing or using one of those over the counter hair removal kits could be your best option, but keep in mind your stomach skin is sensitive, so you might want to stick with either shaving or waxing, as those other kits have chemicals that can cause rashes or strange colrations.

Thanks , Im english and I do have quite dark hair .
    LiveAndLove0923 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 08:57 AM

I had the same thing. See a doctor maybe they have come out with a cream or medicine to help it not be so dark. Or maybe wax it because u don't want to shave it. I made that mistake it just comes back worse.

Jul 10, 2009, 10:26 AM

Weird, I've been shaving it for years and its fine.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverpeace View Post
    weird, ive been shaving it for years and its fine.
    Shaving actually makes the hairs appear darker when they grow back.
    Naturally hairs have a pointed tip, if you shave them it blunts the ends and gives a darker appearance.
    Not to mention ingrown hairs and horrible stubble unless you shave constantly :eek:

Jul 10, 2009, 12:45 PM

Right, well if your desperate to get rid of the hairs you can wax, shave, laser or whatever you want. But no matter what the hairs WILL grow back which is why I insist shaving. 1. because it is the easiest 2. you won't have to keep making appointments or spending money to get it waxed. However if you get it lazered it stays away for about a month. Instead of having to keep making appointments and spending money. Just pick up a razor :)
    phoebe123 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2009, 12:57 PM

You can't stop the hair growing.. waxing is defentally the answer!

Jul 11, 2009, 03:55 AM

Thanks for all the imformation (:

Aug 15, 2009, 04:15 AM

I've started to shave them now , even though they come back I just keep shaving them lol , this has helped a lot , thanks :P
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123 View Post
    DO NOT SHAVE, I shaved my under bellybutton hairs and even though they are temporarily gone, they come back... Thicker and darker. and then you get ingrown hairs under the dark ones, bad idea. I suggest to wax or lazer hair removal.
    That is NOT true.
    To put in simpler terms than what Shaz said, it creates the illusion of darker, thicker hair, but it is the same.
    It is much safer, and has much less side effects than any other alternative (than just letting it grow), and it much, much cheaper too!

And, I see Holly has taken the shaving alternative. Yep, that's what I would have recommended.

I do have a question? Why?
    Are you doing this because you want a smooth stomach, or you have a partner that wants to you have a smooth stomach, or something else entirely?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hairs [ 1 Answers ]

Can we use hair removal spray to remove underhairs?

Long my hairs [ 3 Answers ]

Tell me how can I make long naturally I wan to them to become long.. They increase at a very slow rate.. How can I increase the growth of my hairs

Ingrown hairs [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot seem to get rid of ingrown hairs in spots that I shave, and even ones that I don't... I have them all over. What's the deal? How do I get rid of them?

Finger hairs! [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I going through pubaty(boy) an I fine with evryfin except sumfin reeeeeee3ely ugly finger hairs what should I do!

View more questions Search